March 28, 2024, 12:35:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where are Spark 2 updates?  (Read 29956 times)

timvdh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Where are Spark 2 updates?
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 12:39:09 am »
I am aware of that. I am not looking for an updated SparkLE as part of the V Collection, but rather for un update of the standalone SparkLE. The user interfaces of the V Collection 5 instruments were quiet a leap forward for high resolution monitors. When working with Spark, the user interface is actually even more important than it is when using the instruments plus Spark - with its step input, mixers, instrument editor and so on, would benefit a lot from an enhanced user interface for high resolutions. It would be a shame if Spark would stop where it is with the small, cramped UI.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:38 am »
Right, ok. You mean an interface change bringing it in-line with all the other apps.

Probably the reason it was pulled form the V collection in the first place was that they did't want to do that. I have Brass from Arturia which has;t been updated in years. I fear that Spark may go that way, or they may update it, who knows, only Arturia I imagine.

Stuart   
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2016, 06:39:32 pm »
Arturia's silence on this issue is deafening, and disheartening
This space left intentionally blank.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2016, 06:50:46 pm »
Hi all . I asked Arturia in June about spark and its future but didn't get much response as
All the staff where busy with projects but I was told at the time they did not have time to fix sparks bugs . So yesterday I asked  the original arturia developer who I worked with on the first spark to shed some light on the subject. When I get a reply I will let you guys know . I'm a big fan of spark and spent many hours on it testing and playing . So I know who frustrating the bugs are .
You are aware there was a small update this year so if you missed it, please update.
Also Drumbrute is not a replacement for spark. We may see a better version with better sampling
In the future . This all depends if arturia feels wee the users want to buy it.
Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:46 pm »
Thanks Terrym :)

mixalis

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2016, 12:36:49 pm »
Hi all . I asked Arturia in June about spark and its future but didn't get much response as
All the staff where busy with projects but I was told at the time they did not have time to fix sparks bugs . So yesterday I asked  the original arturia developer who I worked with on the first spark to shed some light on the subject. When I get a reply I will let you guys know . I'm a big fan of spark and spent many hours on it testing and playing . So I know who frustrating the bugs are .
You are aware there was a small update this year so if you missed it, please update.
Also Drumbrute is not a replacement for spark. We may see a better version with better sampling
In the future . This all depends if arturia feels wee the users want to buy it.
Regards

Terrym

Hi Terrym! Thanks for asking........ Did you get any reply so far by the way?

mixalis

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2017, 06:33:25 pm »
Namm is very close now...should we wait a little something for spark now??

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »
Hi, so an update on spark is that there is no development at the moment for spark, i do not know when or if an update will come so the head of the dev team tells me.  Personally i think Arturia maybe working on spark 3 or something better. As a hint from glen Darcy on a video on the tube discussed. But if they are it will not be out for some time yet . This is only a guess and not inside information.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

mixalis

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »
I see.... thanks for the answer anyway! I don't think they will drop the spark project as well... it's a good hit so far

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2017, 02:01:31 pm »
Hi, so an update on spark is that there is no development at the moment for spark, i do not know when or if an update will come so the head of the dev team tells me.  Personally i think Arturia maybe working on spark 3 or something better. As a hint from glen Darcy on a video on the tube discussed. But if they are it will not be out for some time yet . This is only a guess and not inside information.

Terrym
>:( >:( >:( GAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  ??? ??? ???
VERY disheartening. They're coming up with all this new hardware, and ignoring this piece of software which really has potential, but is riddled with bugs.
C'mon Arturia, get on the ball here!!! >:(

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 09:34:51 pm »
So no more updates. I love the Spark controller, what a pity

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:53 pm »
Me too
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2017, 09:44:46 pm »
reposting in several related threads.

HEY!  :o
I think there may be some progress to report.
On a Facebook post (well, many posts) by Arturia, I've asked what's up with Spark 2, and pointed out that if they're discontinuing it, then why are they still selling SparkLE with the buggy Spark 2 software.
Well, I just got this response -- however, I don't know how legit it is.
It's from a Frederic Brun, who said:
"Hi, you have a legitimate point. We will run a full analysis of the situation and, minimum, correct bugs. I cannot give any delivery date but Kevin Molcard, our director of software, will gather data and build a plan in the next couple of weeks."

So maybe the squeaky wheel got the grease here? Let's hope so.  ;D

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2017, 10:34:00 pm »
Thanks for posting!! Fantastic news  :D

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2017, 02:53:29 am »
Spark 2, i think may be a bit of a sleeper hit, and people are coming around to checking it out finally. I got it in 2014, and there was nobody talking about it at all. Crickets. Maybe people are sick of Maschine. I hope Spark gets some love, or at least a few quick bug fixes. Fix the IOS version jog wheel please!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines