March 28, 2024, 05:49:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: click sound on low C key  (Read 4712 times)

svenn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
click sound on low C key
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:43:34 pm »
Edit: FIXED by gently pressing on the ribbon with a folded piece of paper.

My new Minibrute SE makes an annoying click sound when pressing the low C key, like something sticks to it when it returns to it's position. Arturia says on the website "MiniBrute SE features a quality keyboard..." but the only thing i read about Minibrutes and some SE's is the bad quality of the keyboard. Shame, because it's a nice little synth.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:22:54 am by svenn »

Chi

Re: click sound on low C key
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:39:02 pm »
Mine did the same - but it was a minor issue compared to the rest of the problems.  I gently pressed a toothpick down on the black bit that runs underneath the keys, just to the left of the low C key and whilst I did so the sound went away! I guess its not so serious but you might want to give other parts a good check before your warranty or return period ends.

charlycharlzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:55:28 am »
My new Minibrute SE makes an annoying click sound when pressing the low C key, like something sticks to it when it returns to it's position. Arturia says on the website "MiniBrute SE features a quality keyboard..." but the only thing i read about Minibrutes and some SE's is the bad quality of the keyboard. Shame, because it's a nice little synth.

did you check how was set your after touch ?

also did you try the software and to set it like it's suppose to be out the box  ?

svenn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 10:08:16 am »
I fixed it by gently pressing on the ribbon with a folden piece of paper. Seems like it wasn't glued perfectly.
This is the only problem my minibrute SE seems to have, all buttons and sliders work, no strange behaviour at all...for now at least :) I have a 2 year warranty so i'm not too worried.
And now i'm going to torture my speakers again, cause this really has a great analog sound.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:19:58 am by svenn »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines