April 19, 2024, 03:41:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2015: Problems with Analog Lab  (Read 2579 times)

Demetri

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
2015: Problems with Analog Lab
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:12:34 pm »
I am having various issues

PCU spikes after pressing one key
Unattractive sustain on presets (I press and release a key and it continues to play that note)
Strange Fuzzy sound on certain patches
Unable to update to latest version (Software center installs 2nd version of Analog Lab which does not open in ProTools 10 but plays as separate program)
Latency
Slow when skimming through sounds (I have no other problems in any other VST just this one)

jackn2mpu

Re: 2015: Problems with Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »
I am having various issues

PCU spikes after pressing one key
Unattractive sustain on presets (I press and release a key and it continues to play that note)
Strange Fuzzy sound on certain patches
Unable to update to latest version (Software center installs 2nd version of Analog Lab which does not open in ProTools 10 but plays as separate program)
Latency
Slow when skimming through sounds (I have no other problems in any other VST just this one)
Certain instruments in AL have high cpu usage - the two Mg emulations are prime culprits for me.
Unattractive sustain - I'm taking that to mean stuck notes. Have that happen here and the worst is the Mg Modular emulation.
Don't know what you mean by 'strange fuzzy sound'. Do you mean distortion as in audio overload? That's very possible with some of the patches and you just have to pay attention to your MIDI cc7 levels.
No problem here using the latest version of AL in PT10.10.0. PT10 can use both RTAS and aax32 plugins and you need to have them installed. You don't mention what operating system you are using or what computer (PC or Mac) so I can't tell you where to look for the plugins.
And yes it does take time for AL to change patches on even a very fast machine as it has a heck of a lot to do and actually it's not slower than if you were using the synths outside of AL and switching from one synth to another. Actually it's faster in AL.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines