March 29, 2024, 04:35:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Logic Pro X/BeatStep Knob Assignments Consistently Forgotten  (Read 5077 times)

gizmoismogwai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Logic Pro X/BeatStep Knob Assignments Consistently Forgotten
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:07 am »
Hello,

Here's one more problem I'm having with the BeatStep.  This is a big one for me since one of the reasons I bought the unit was because I liked how many knobs were available in such a small form factor.

I've been attempting to assign the BeatStep knobs in CNTRL mode to various virtual controls on Logic's synths.  I managed to map ES M and ES P before I started to notice problems.  Right after mapping the ES P I decided to check on the mapping for the ES M to make sure everything stuck.  Based on Logic's learn menu I could see that all of the assignments were apparently still mapped.  But when I tried selecting the ES M's track and started turning knobs I was only getting a response on one or two of the knobs that I had successfully mapped not 5 minutes earlier. 

A jump back to the ES P synth confirmed that none of my previously successful mappings stuck there even though I could clearly see them all listed in the BeatStep's Learn menu. 

I've tried to replicate this a few times and the results vary - on occasion I manage to keep all my mappings for a whole session.  But then I open up Logic and some work and some don't with seemingly no way to reason it out.

One last thing worth mentioning is that I tried to remedy this by switching the Control CC Numbers on all the knobs to "Undefined" values, in case the original CC values were interfering somehow.  This didn't change anything, sadly.

Can anyone help?  I'd really appreciate it!

gizmoismogwai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Logic Pro X/BeatStep Knob Assignments Consistently Forgotten
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:06:06 am »
No one else has encountered this issue?  I've noticed a couple of new problems.

1. Despite Logic's Midi Learn list showing my mappings stored, the BeatStep will forget knob assignments within the same session.  As in, mere minutes after I assigned knobs to a particular Logic Synth.
2. On occasion, the BeatStep ignores my previous knob assignments entirely and will remap knob 1 to control the selected track's Pan knob.  I never mapped anything to "Pan" so I have no idea why this is happening.

I've been emailing with Arturia support but so far I'm not so sure that it isn't a bot emailing me back.  All they've done is point me to unrelated documentation in their manuals instead of actually addressing my problem.

Please, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.  I really want to keep the BeatStep but I can't do it if it's going to force me to map my midi knobs every time I open Logic.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Logic Pro X/BeatStep Knob Assignments Consistently Forgotten
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:26 am »
Hi gizmoismogwai,

I guess i have understand where was your problem here.
The BeatStep have 16 sequence memories ans 16 controller memories.
I guess that you have recall a memory with different CC mapping.
I guess you should open your MidiControlCenter and check that all 16 controller memories are the same.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines