April 24, 2024, 12:01:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MM V2 doesn't work in SONAR 4?  (Read 4762 times)

loopjunkie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MM V2 doesn't work in SONAR 4?
« on: November 06, 2004, 01:05:35 am »
I just unpacked and installed S4 PE (plus the 4.01 patch). Everything so far looks o.k., but when I insert an instance of the Mg V2 DXi I don't hear any sound.
A midi track plays, I can see the midi control light flicker in the soft synth's panel and the keys as they are depressed so the synth receives the midi data, but no sound.

Funny thing, though, when I open an old project with the same plugin in S4 it plays flawlessley. Compared every setting in the associated audio and midi tracks.
Can't figure it out. Are there any known issues?

JUCA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 12:19:31 pm »
I´m having problems also. MIDI activity is showed but no sound produced at outuputs.

JUCA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia´s team: Any news about this problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:10:39 pm »
Hi:
I change any info with Ron Kuper (from Cakewalk) at December/2004 and he told me the problem of Mg Modular under Sonar 4 was caused because Sonar 4 was re-coded for to be UNICODE compatible and Arturia´s synths not was. So, when running under a WinXP version wich not English (mine is a Brazilian Portuguese version), the decimals division symbols didn´t permit us to hear sounds from the synths.
I made the changes wich Ron had suggested in the WinXP regional and system options (under Control Panel) and the synths did work properly, but this changes can´t be permanent, because the other plugins/virtual instruments installed.
Arturia Team: had you in the meantime made a change in the Arturia synths code to make it UNICODE compatible? If no, when you´ll make this, permiting International users to use the synths in their systems?
We are anciously waiting for this.
Thank you.

FabP

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 02:17:11 pm »
The unicode issue is a known bug and have been corrected by our development team, so it will be fixed in the next update.

Generally, we fix this kind of bug and implement them in a update, but for users who don't want to wait for the update, we'll think about just put on the website concerned versions.

We will not  have to recompile all different versions for all hosts and OS, so the users could have their issues fixed more rapidly.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

JUCA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No 2.1 update for MMV?
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 11:24:48 pm »
Quote from: "FabP"
The unicode issue is a known bug and have been corrected by our development team, so it will be fixed in the next update.

Hi:
At this time MiniMg and CS80  have both the 1.5 version, wich have corrected the problems with Sonar 4 (the infamous Unicode incompatibility).
Any news about the 2.1 version for the Mg Modular?
Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines