April 19, 2024, 10:25:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi mapping issue in Spark2.  (Read 8055 times)

JCcares

Midi mapping issue in Spark2.
« on: February 12, 2015, 05:38:14 am »
Hi guys,
I am new to Spark 2.Sounds great but pretty different when compared to other plugins.I own the Spark 2 software & not the hardware & I use my PSR keyboard to trigger the sounds.I was wondering where the sounds were since I couldn't get it to play through the keyboard,until I found that the sounds were triggered from the center of the keyboard as opposed to the C1 key side.I also found it odd that the number of instruments per kit were so limited as compared to other drum plugins.
Well that's not my main issue right now though.Right now I am trying to figure out how to get spark to be remapped to GM.On the preference tab I selected the mapping to GM but I find the kit totally out of GM mode.I am talking about the GM that is used by Keyboards such as Motif PSR & most other keyboard & drum plugins.Is there anyway I can get it to map to the good ol' GM mode? !

Also 1 more question : Does Spark 2 software have its own patterns/styles? I see one on the Latin kit.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:31:00 am by JCcares »

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi mapping issue in Spark2.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 11:33:58 am »
Hey there - I am new to Spark and have the same issue. Want to use a normal keyboard as input device... checked everything. I did not find the solution... thanks for help.

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:01:22 pm »
To make it clear...

If I use Spark with a keyboard as the input I want e.g. Bass-Drum1 on C-1 Snare on D/E, Clap on D#, Rim on Db ... like it is usual...

Is there an easy way to achieve this? I did not find any note-information for the pads... and did not find somethin about it in the manual.

Pleeeease help.

Thanks a lot!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 12:41:31 am »
hold down control (or whatever apple uses if that's your thing) and RIGHT click on any drum pad on the GUI. This lets you assign any midi note you want to that pad. You can hit "learn" and play the key also, I think.

johnleborgne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 02:19:11 am »
Hello,

i think you could build your owns custom drum rack...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtD2540luE

and changing the "midi to" and "audio from" according to your needs...

John

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 04:24:10 am »
Thought about buying Arturia Spark. But the hardware controller seems kinda uncomfortable to me
(pads).
I've heard rumors that these are bad. Plus I've heard that there is no midi learn function
in the CDM version (??),
so you have to use the Arturia controller. Is that true?
AND
"Is it possible to midi map the steps of the step sequencer of VDM?"
^^ To that one, I don't understand what you mean. Could you clarify please?

To the rest of it:
Spark is VERY cool software, but currently buggy. They ARE, however, actively doing an update on it. I'm a beta tester for that.
However, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot currently buy the Spark 2 software unless you buy the SparkLE controller.
I personally got the Spark 2 software when I bought the Arturia Collection V4. After V4, it is no longer included in their Collections, and ONLY available if you buy the SparkLE controller, since they no longer make the Spark CDM controller (Which, incidentally, is superior in every way. I personally bought the CDM controller off eBay about a year AFTER getting the software with my Colection V4)

RE: "But the hardware controller seems kinda uncomfortable to me (pads). "
Well, there ya go. You're going to USE IT, so you need it to be comfortable. That said, pretty much ANY new instrument is going to be a bit uncomfortable to use until you get used to it. I've got the CDM controller, like I said, not the current LE controller which has less functionality. I find the pads to be totally comfortable, albeit the velocity sensitivity is a bit narrow. All together tho? I find it to be QUITE intuitive and fast to use. (Again, I'm using the CDM controller, not the LE)

RE: " I've heard that there is no midi learn function in the CDM version (??), "
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
The CDM hardware cannot be changed, no. Nor can the LE as far as I know. The CDM is hardwired to MIDI channel 10 IIRC. Odd, but there it is.
But you can TOTALLY MIDI-Learn parameters in software. But only IF the CDM  controller is set as a MIDI input to the DAW. WHICH, importantly, you should NOT have set if you're just using the hardware controller to control Spark. Spark will see the controller even if you don't tell your DAW to use it. And as such, if you DO tell your DAW to use it, you will probably experience some odd behaviors from your hardware/software interface using Spark 2
This space left intentionally blank.

Dotun4luv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gadgetswright
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 10:43:48 pm »
I am well new to this. But, could it be for what reason this isn't as popular as such?

Like other tech-how stuff and other social media related issues
Download Showbox APK
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:08:46 pm by Dotun4luv »

Dotun4luv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gadgetswright
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 12:12:50 pm »
You could build your own mid mapping to avoid this issue. It really worth the whole of your time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:52:12 pm by ben arturia »

freaksonly42

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:41 am »
That's Not a big Problem, just build your own mid mapping and you are done. thank me later buddy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines