April 18, 2024, 09:01:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Technote 2 USB problem  (Read 2255 times)

Landsphere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Technote 2 USB problem
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:59 pm »
OK, I had a problem with my origin, where I was stuck on the crowd/origin screen. On Sunday I posted a customer support note with Arturia, and got a digital receipt for it, and a link where I could check the progress of it.

Like many other people using the customer support links, I had a problem where the day after, and today, two days after, I cannot check the progress of it (having not heard anything else since), as it takes me to a dead link. So.. 1 negative mark there for Arturia, if any of you at Arturia are reading this, please understand, we shouldn't have to come posting our customer support numbers on forums to chase them up. Im sure many others feel the same way..

Now then, 1 Positive, Whilst looking around the origin section of the forum today, I see that Philippe had posted schematics and service documents for the origin. Thankfully, Ive been able to follow the very easy steps these have been created with, and now my Origin lives again.
Im not 100% sure why it had a tantrum, as I seldom have it even plugged in over USB, let alone use it like that, but Im not complaining, Origin flies again.
So thank you for making these files available to us, those of us that don't mind getting are electrical hands dirty can greatly speed up the process of recovery.
 (Out of curiosity, is there a chance this error could occur again and require me to re flash the eeprom again?)

For info though, I did try doing this using a windows 7 starter netbook, and it did find the correct device in device manager, but when running the app, it did not show as USB device in step 4.2
I tried it again on another machine we had running XP, and that behaved correctly. XP is a must I think.

Thanks..  Landsphere

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines