April 20, 2024, 01:25:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing sequence length in realtime without loss of sync  (Read 3991 times)

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Changing sequence length in realtime without loss of sync
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:33 pm »
Does the pro allow you to change a sequences length e.g. 8 to 6 steps and then to 12 on the fly without immediately resetting to the first step like the beatstep does?
I have just ordered the pro anyway but hope this rhythmic performance necessity has been implemented.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Changing sequence length in realtime without loss of sync
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »
Hi , im not 100% sure yet as i haven't had a unit to test yet .but i think you will be able to move the number of steps as the sequencer is playing with the arrow keys and shift.
but ill let you know when i get my hands on one.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Jimsparks

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:01:39 am »
I'd like to see this added as well. Perhaps it could also be added to the original Beatstep through a firmware update, obviously a different key combination would be needed on the Beatstep. Some additional sequence modes including a ratchet mode (repyeat a step 'x' number of times before proceeding) would also be welcome on both models. (I think this is requested in another post on the forums).
Cheers

vykaar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:55 pm »
Has terrym had a chance to check if this feature is implemented yet?
Thanks

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:57:41 pm »
Hi all, good news is testing almost finished and the BSP should be out by the end of the month. As regards to the sequence length you can change it on the fly with last step button this does not reset the sequence but with so many sequences per project you could just setup a different length on each sequence. and just jump around live .
I know arturia are making help  videos and i may do a few my self.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:45 pm »
Hi all, good news is testing almost finished and the BSP should be out by the end of the month.

So is this version working with 0-7 volts ? OG beatstep wouldn't go down past 1 volt ( despite data given ) so 0 volts is very important for bass parts ...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 11:14:57 pm »
Hi, yes BSP has a range of 0/7 volts .

regards

Terrym
TerryM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines