March 29, 2024, 02:18:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mainstage 3 and patch names  (Read 4181 times)

trinitycadet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mainstage 3 and patch names
« on: February 01, 2015, 04:08:58 pm »
I just received a Keylab 88 and I'm trying to get it to work with MainStage 3.  Part of my goal is to have a simple, yet powerful rig for live performance.  Because I want to use a Mac Mini, I would like to not bring a monitor and keyboard/mouse. 

I've been able to map the keyboard, reassign controllers and play pretty well.  However, I have been unable to figure out how to get the patch name from MainStage 3 to appear on the display of the Keylab.  The Analogue Lab patch names work perfectly, but the patch and bank selection process on the Keylab does not work at all for MainStage 3.  Has anyone been able to get the patch names to appear? 

mrforged

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Mainstage 3 and patch names
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:42 pm »
If you figure out how Analog Lab communicates with the Keylab and then use that knowledge write a custom plugin for Mainstage, it may work.  Using the MIDI Control Center, it is impossible.

trinitycadet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:15:39 am »
Thanks mrforged.  That is the million dollar question.  I'm guessing that it won't be an easy thing to reverse engineer. 

mrforged

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:45:58 am »
Arturia would be wise to release their code to the community.  Not only would the community fix all of the nasty bugs that have plagued the MIDI Control Center, but when people are empowered, they always tend to come up with the most creative ways to make use of technology. 

Sadly, there is a better chance that you or I win the lottery this week than Arturia releasing the MCC code to the public at any time in the foreseeable future. 

My suggestion is for you to return the KeyLab and find a Nektar Panorama - though you must do your research on this product as I have never actually seen it in action and it may very well end up being just as horrible as the KeyLab or worse.  You might even be able to exchange the KeyLab for a Panorama if the retailer carries the Nektar brand.   The Panorama is said to have 'deep integration' with Logic Pro X and since MainStage is built using the Logic Framework, the Panorama should also work very well with MainStage.  If it works as advertised, the Panorama would likely do exactly what you need. 

Again, do your research first.   

Hope this helps

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines