March 29, 2024, 10:45:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Decay of Samples switch back to 4ms automatically - Issue / Bug  (Read 1735 times)

Thorben2S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Decay of Samples switch back to 4ms automatically - Issue / Bug
« on: January 11, 2015, 10:17:59 pm »
Hello all,

since the first time of using SparkLE I have following problem with the Decay of the Samples on Pad 1 + 2.
If I press the spacebar for Play/Stop or even with the Mouse the Decay of the Samples of Pad 1+2 allways switch to 4ms automatically.

If I load a Kit or Project while the Sequencer is running all is fine but if I now press stop and then play again the Decay switched back to 4ms.

This is pretty much anoying and I hope its already knowing Bug! If not please take this as a (nother) Bug report!   

My System
Win7 64 bit
Sonar X3
Reaper  (the same Decay Problem as with Sonar)

Please helb or let me know what is going on !

Thanks in advance
Thorben

tedopon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Decay of Samples switch back to 4ms automatically - Issue / Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:28 am »
I have the exact same issue and also it appears after saving (not hitting stop, but saving while playing). This also affects the analog delay and chorus settings which both reset all parameters on their respective GUIs to zero after a save.
...and I have to mention that a lot of times when you use either the analog delay or chorus in tandem with a compressor on the same channel, the parameter knobs become locked with one another (meaning, for instance, if I adjust the input gain on the compressor it will change the feedback value at the same value on the chorus/delay).
EDIT: This is on both a windows 7 and 8.1 machine I get the same glitches.

EDIT again: ...and you still can't save your FX presets, which has apparently been promised each update for four years.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:55:51 pm by tedopon »

Thorben2S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No Response till now!? Hey Arturia this is not the way of customers support!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »
Hello again,

ok NAMM '15 starts right now.
ok realease of new stuff to the crowd is important

But not ok is that you give a fuck on your running machines, your cash cows, specially the SparkLE.
This and other explained issues makes SparkLE competely unusable because it is not possible to produce a track or Loop in one bunch as you promise in your glossy brochure.
Anytime I hope you hear the crowd screaming to fix bugs a bit more frequently, but you just sitt on your asses and present new products which will have the
same fucking Beta Status as SparkLE.

I'm very pissed about your money making strategy!
But and that's the good News, many many other people will do the same with your company if you still treated your customers as they are idiots.

Beta Stuff
No good customers Support
Just money making
Thats the stuff of bankruptcy made of!

WIll never buy any Product of Arturia again!

Bad english, who cares!

Regards
Thorben

jsmirk

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:26:11 pm »
The Beatstep Pro looks like a great piece of hardware... looks like I bought one version too soon.  But my wallet is absolutely shut to Arturia until Spark is dialed in.  In the meantime, I grow more fond of some other samplers (hardware & software) out on the market.

tedopon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 03:33:03 am »
Yeah I already wondered prior to today's announcements what the support/development lifespan of Spark/LE was going to be. I am not optimistic. My Spark and Beatstep may be going on ebay as soon as this weekend.

jsmirk

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:38 am »
Yeah I already wondered prior to today's announcements what the support/development lifespan of Spark/LE was going to be. I am not optimistic. My Spark and Beatstep may be going on ebay as soon as this weekend.

The fact that they added Spark to the V Collection 4 tells me there is some conscious long term commitment. And with Spark having the largest number of posts in this forum (likely due to the problems) I foresee some kind of revision coming. Frankly, these forums probably scare away a meaningful number of would-be buyers for other products, so they really have no choice but to address the problems to maximize sales.  But I wouldn't rule out a new piece of Spark hardware in the next 18 months.  Right now, hardware is ruling the market.  On the software side, Arturia should learn something from FabFilter. Their facebook comments are nothing but glowing and their plugins are phenominal and nearly bug free.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines