March 29, 2024, 12:06:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: massive CPU usage  (Read 20819 times)

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: massive CPU usage
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 04:20:10 pm »
here are mine using the same as yourself (default template that I assume we are both looking at an unmodified default template patch) and resource mon
m12-studioone.JPG  in studio one shows 24% usage (this is lower than before maybe because I removed the vst3 and am using the vst2 now see the other thread on patches saving in projects)
m12-standalone.JPG in stand alone shows 48% usage and CPU as 5%

Also noticed in standalone that when playing the CPU actually went down.

Also noticed when adding multiple instances of M12 vst it would cause other vsts to use more CPU.
Just for the hell of it I loaded 24 vsti into my DAW and could play a looped run without crackling or distortion or CPU spiking.
If I had 3 instances of m12 no way. crackle, distortion, CPU spikes (the screen shot shows 26 VSTis but I had a same result when removing some. In other words. 24 VSTis with one m12 worked. 20 VSTis with 3xM12 no way)
Interesting enough the modular V was taking up about the same as the M12. I had both set to unison and using 12 voices. in those screenshots.

JB 

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 03:58:17 pm »

I also noticed that if I loaded 8 instances of the m12 they all hover at 35-45% CPU usage and the total CPU usage doesn't

change  (i.e not cumulative)

Also noticed in standalone that when playing the CPU actually went down.

You got the symptoms of cpu throttling but i know you already said you turned that off

Weird

I tested on a windows 7 home 64 bit i5 2320 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz and got good results

AMD radeon HDMI sound, ASIo 4 all driver, 48000hz 256 samples in standalone matrix latency  5.3 ms

So to be honest for me its not overloading or spiking the cpu on 2 computers

A uneducated guess is its using cpu 2

Being that its wandering around 20%

The cpu usage on the resource says 5% and there is 4 cores
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:02:33 pm by kickwizard »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »
Hi everyone .just to let you know it looks like in the next update the cpu has been addressed .im on vst3 in cubase and it looks like where a patch was using 50% its now more like 22% .its early days so will keep you posted.
More testing to do
hope this helps

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 08:29:30 pm »
Hi,
sorry, that I repeat this maybe, please treat this as an additional feedback. The CPU consumption of Matrix-12V is really huge. I still have it NOT running on my studio PC (need an offline activation for that and don't wanna upgrade the whole VC4 collection until this is available), but I tried to test it on an older laptop - impossible. CPU load 180%. But on this old laptop some other really complex VSTs are running with max 50% CPU load, i.e. Modular-V and also much bigger VSTs offered by competitors ;-)   Probably the matrix modulations of Matrix-12V are active all the time, although they are not really actively used in a sound.

But as stated before: pls treat this as additional feedback. Besides that I am really, really happy with the VCollection 3/4. Very cooooool stuff, especially Modular-V, CS-80V, ARP 2600V and some others are outstanding synths, beyond perfection! Go ahead!

all the best by
alpha-w
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 04:03:45 am »
Yeah. Experiencing high CPU usage here as well. I've had to lower the voice count to 7 or even 6 in some cases, and also increased the buffer size in my ASIO4All driver.

It's my understanding, based on a lot of reading here, as well as reviews of Arturia's products over the years, that their newly-released synths have a history of cranking on CPUs at first, but subsequent updates HUGELY fixing that.
And Matrix 12 is one of their newest, eh. I've also seen the Vox have some pretty high CPU usage.

As such, I'm guessing they're aware of and working on it. They just keep it to themselves, apparently. .. Ditto regarding resizeable GUI.

Interestingly, I haven't noticed any such skipping when playing Matrix 12 presets in Analog Lab ......  :o

Anyhow, just adding my "me too" to the CPU load problem with Matrix 12
SYSTEM:
Win 7 Pro 32-bit
Dell Optiplex GX620 (modified)
Pentium D dual-core 3.4Ghz
3Gb DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX560 Ti w/1Gb VRAM
Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio
several hard drives
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:05:46 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc