April 19, 2024, 06:08:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Yet another problem...:C  (Read 2777 times)

Chi

Yet another problem...:C
« on: January 20, 2015, 07:08:32 pm »

A new issue since today, hooray!

With all osc's set to zero and all settings at default zero or centralized. Turning the lfo amp to plus or minus generates a high pitched tone which pulses at the rate of the lfo!?

It was not there yesterday, sure you could here the lfo envelope pulse but not this higher tone.  The note is constant and does not change according to any keys being pressed!?

Adjusting the filter cutoff changes the tone slightly!?

Even more strange is that when powering the MB on this highpich sound is very loud and it gradually begins to fade but then remains at an audible volume!?

Ufff, really dissapointing to have these issues on a less than 1month old product.

Does anyone else have this on their MB?

Am seriously considering returning the product and getting my money back after being told by David in support that to fix it will cost ME 42.77 euros plus shipping!! Unbelievable.

jochiasson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Yet another problem...:C
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 03:44:18 am »
Next time, stack up money and buy a Mg. I've learned my lesson. It's been a long time since an update has been available for the minibrute and the microbrute. The sequencer and arp do not sync well with an external clock and it's a known problem. I still hope for an update but I'm being realistic. It's probably not going to happen.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:50:49 am by jochiasson »

Chi

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:06 pm »
Sounds like good advice to me.

Very dissapointing Arturia.

Oh and yes, about the sequencer and arp under external sync, that is ridiculous.  In the manual it states that when synced to clock the sequencer and lfo rate knobs are in "performance" mode. As you rightly say, the truth is that it is really a "performance defeat" mode. Any realtime adjustments sound awfull and are completely unusable.

They really ought to sort this out.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:21:39 pm by Chi »

seedmole

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:37:58 am »
Yup, very disappointing... I finally found a good use for this synth by using the note-hold mode for the arpeggiator (why in god's name did I need to use a computer just to set the arpeggiator to how it should be natively??) to make basslines, while using the gate out to trigger a cheapo drum machine, which runs through the external audio in for processing/mixing with the bassline. Sounds great and all...

But it suck royally because I can't use the minibrute's internal midi clock to set the tempo for any of my other gear. I'd literally need some midi multibox to be able to do this incredibly simple task... Why, Arturia? Oh, I know, because of bad support and cheap accounting-cycle-driven development.

I really really wish I never spent the money on this thing, I'd have been able to make serious headway on REAL gear, i.e. modular.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines