April 25, 2024, 09:11:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving a whole song?!?  (Read 1974 times)

streetsandlanes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving a whole song?!?
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:02:23 pm »
Please excuse my ignorance...

I have learnt how to copy a pattern and paste it so that I can build up a track in the song mode by modifying the pasted patterns... in order to build songs/tracks.

I can't for the life of me understand how to save a whole song, which seems to be fairly central to the functionality of the product.

Three options I can see are:

1. In the sequencer panel, export as a wave file. However, this only actually exports the current pattern, not the whole song.

2. Going into the library path and finding the saved file of the project (?) one has been working on. But this is a .dat file, so I don't know how to play it outside of Spark software, and thus it's hardly "exported" nor compatible with simple software like VLC.

3. Hitting the "export" button at the top of the Spark window, which is open regardless of which mode one's in. But that says "current bank" and "current present", whereas I want to export the song, not the bank or preset.

I'm sure I'm missing something very very basic. I'd love to be able to just make a track/song and export it as a popular file type. I don't want to just export a 16/32 beat sequence.

I have looked at the manual, and it does not appear to answer this particular question.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Saving a whole song?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:12:10 pm »
Hi ,there is no export of song in spark ,if your using a Daw just record the whole song to audio .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

streetsandlanes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Saving a whole song?!?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:08:13 pm »
Hi terrym,

OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll try running it through Ableton Live and recording it to Audio as you say.

I'd have to say, the ability to record/export a song would be a nice feature! I'd be recommending it for a future update of the product for sure.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines