March 29, 2024, 10:40:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Traktor 2.7.1 and Spark Midi stuttering (with Video Link)  (Read 1826 times)

monomood

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Traktor 2.7.1 and Spark Midi stuttering (with Video Link)
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:54:24 pm »
Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version of Spark CDM and wanted to try to sync it with my traktor setup and encountered a strange MIDI behaviour.

The sync via MIDI Yoke (Windows 7 64) does work fine but when I hit play the audio has some strange drop outs but still stays in sync. When you look at the running light on the controller you can see that stuttering as well - it sounds like 1-2-3-break break-2-3-break on a 4/4 bassdrum.

If that is not enough after a while the audio sample rate decreases so it's more like heavy noize coming out. I tryed it with running the Spark thru the AUDIO DJ 8 as well as with a seperate Phase X 64 USB Interface - no difference. All preferences are set like mentioned in the tutorials.

The CPU runs on 30-40%, memory is at 2,7 GB of 4GB.

None of that issues appears when spark is run in stand alone or VST mode. And in lets say 1 out of 15 trys everything works perfect.

Have look at the video below...no audio, but you can see the drop outs.

http://youtu.be/2sA1xBQTwMk

I would be really glad if someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance

Cheers

JB ARTURIA

• Tech-Support
  • Apprentice
Re: Traktor 2.7.1 and Spark Midi stuttering (with Video Link)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:22 am »
Hi Monomood,

Did you try without using midi yoke by just sending midi clock from your Audio DJ 8 to the Spark ?
Like in this tutorial : http://www.native-instruments.com/fr/support/knowledge-base/show/750/how-to-send-a-midi-clock-sync-signal-from-traktor/

And are you using the Swing with the Spark ? It may cause som problems.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:59:11 am by JB ARTURIA »

monomood

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: Traktor 2.7.1 and Spark Midi stuttering (with Video Link)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »
thx for the advice but doesn't work...strange..it worked for about 2 minutes (with a little delay (10 ms I guess) ) and than suddenly after pressing sync button in the master tempo section in traktor, all the odd things appeared (midi and audio dropouts, sample rate reduction until noise).

I already assigned the traktor and the spark processes in windows to individual cpu cores...but didn't help at all. I'm running out of ideas. At the weekend I will try it with my girlffriends windows 8 laptop. In the meantime I'll be thankfull for any further advice.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines