March 28, 2024, 10:59:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SPARK 2.1.0.426 Lag with Logic X  (Read 26469 times)

baxyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SPARK 2.1.0.426 Lag with Logic X
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:22 am »
It's Logic Pro X 10.1 and Yosemite 10.10.2. You might not notice this problem unless you use external midi device which is clocked from Logic and Spark together. Audio is fine, just that it causes other devices to lose sync. After I change to another pattern and let it run few bars, I see that Spark's onscreen controls and also the hardware controller freezes for a moment. Then it continues normally but my synth will stop. After that Spark gets kind of unstable, freezes will recur, sometimes pads stay lit and so on... The crashing in AU lab is also not encouraging. I've tried even the 1.6 version - same problem + it crashes immediately in AU lab.

In this sense, Spark 2 is better, it will not cause freezes if you close the UI. With the UI open, same story.

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 08:33:39 pm »
Q: Have anyone here got an satisfying respons from Arturia about solving the Spark 2 and Logic X issue?

I think the only way to make Arturia adress this problem is to keep contacting the support on an on until they push this further up the priority plan!
So please send your issues over and over to the proper Arturia support desk.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:47:38 pm by syz-x »

jsmirk

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »
Q: Have anyone here got an satisfying respons from Arturia about solving the Spark 2 and Logic X issue?

I think the only way to make Arturia adress this problem is to keep contacting the support on an on until they push this further up the priority plan!
So please send your issues over and over to the proper Arturia support desk.

Nope.  I wrote in, answered a basic question about my setup, and then nothing.  I'm certain they are aware of this but aren't doing anything to address it.  It seems as though they thing that if Spark doesn't crash, it's fine - quirks/bugs and all.  I'm almost completely done trying to use this product.  I tried working on a new kit last night (without the controller), but I feel like i'm just fighting the damn thing.  It's not solving my problems like a good product should always do.  Looking really hard at just putting up real money for solid products that are more out-of-the-box. ei. Electribe Sampler, TR-8. Or maybe software like Liquid Rhythm for some slick in-the-box drum programming (albeit with fewer sampler options).

Spark is like meth.  All the ingredients are right there in front of you, but when you put them together carelessly, you'll blow the whole thing up.

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 11:02:56 pm »
Totally agree with that. After one month no update of Spark and no news about any of the problems expounded by users. I already contact a friend of mine in Arturia but it seems that nobody cares about the problems.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 11:20:23 am »
Hi all ,I had a look at this today and from my findings is logic x causing the lag problem as i tested the AU in live and in logic 9 . with no problems , i'm sure the arturia team are looking at this problem but it may be an apple issue from what i can see , its seems a redraw issue when spark is changing screen , i played around with logic and even touching a fader in logic can cause an issue with spark.
I will ask arturia if theres any progress in this bug .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »
Hi.

Yes the problem seems to be isolated to 64 bit version of logic since I also can run Spark on Logic 9 (32 bit) without any problems.

Is there a way to make sure that Arturia is working to solve this bug? Neither Spark or Logic X is exactly brand new so you could assume that they fixed this by now if they tried .

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »
Thank you so much for your news Terry. Please keep us updated about the advances in fixing this problem.

JB ARTURIA

• Tech-Support
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:29 pm »
Hi everyone , I'm JB I work as tester at Arturia and I'm sorry about the issues you having using Spark and Logic.

I'm actually trying to reproduce the bug you describe but I have to admit that I don't manage to for the moment.

It would be very useful for me if you can give me this information,
- OS version
- Logic version
- Computer configuration
- Did you config the IAC driver ?

If possible,
- The steps that leads you to the issue, from the moment you connect your spark (A video would be great)

Thanks

JB

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 06:37:53 pm »
Ok I'll give you the infos that I already gave to the technical support:

OSX VERSION: YOSEMITE (Updated to the last version)

LOGIC: Version  X both on 10.0.7 and 10.1 (It give me always the problem)

SPARK: 2.1.426 (The last version)

MACHINE: Macbook pro retina, 16 gb of ram, i7 2,2ghz, 256 gb of hhd

NO HUB

I've tried different cables.

It works fine in standalone mode. It works quite fine in Live. It lags too much in Logic X. It's unusable. I already tried with another review of the version 2.1 but the problem is always the same. And the problem still remain also with the new version of Logic. Already complete uninstall and re-install.

It seems to be a graphical problem because when my plugin is open it starts to stuck and all the relative functions linked to the daw become to be unusable (like meters, faders etc). When i close the GUI the problem disappear. I downgrade the version to the 1.7.2 and the issue disappeared. The strange thing is that when the GUI is open but i put on the side trying to hide it the issue seems to disappear. But when the GUI is in the center of my screen it becomes unusable. You need some other infos?  I d already made all the stuff to improve the perfomance like the midi settings, audio settings, IAC driver, increase and decrease the buffer size but the problem still remain.

I REALLY TRIED ALL THE THINGS.

THIS IS MY WORKFLOW:

I plug my spark le into usb (no hub) then
I normally open my DAW (logic in this case). Then i open spark 2 as plugin. Press play and then it starts to play. And now the issues. My spark 2 starts to lag, there's a delay between the controller and the software, the mixer starts to lag and all is delayed, the DAW meters starts to lag and glitch, the time bar starts to lag as well. But if i close the GUI my daw starts to work normally again. No delay no glitch. But if I open the GUI it starts again with lags and glitches. I noticed that if I try to move the GUI over the visible screen my DAW seems to work better and better till the GUI Completely disappered from the screen. But if move back the GUI into the visible screen the issue starts.

Then i decided to downgrade the spark version to the 1.7.2 and all works normally. I already made all the stuff linked to the midi problem in the enviroment connecting spark le to a new instruments and etc. I ve tried to change the screen resolution but nothing. I ve tried all but the problem still remain the same. Nothing can improve that issue.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »
Hi everyone , I'm JB I work as tester at Arturia and I'm sorry about the issues you having using Spark and Logic.

I'm actually trying to reproduce the bug you describe but I have to admit that I don't manage to for the moment.

- OS version
- Logic version
- Computer configuration
- Did you config the IAC driver ?

If possible,
- The steps that leads you to the issue, from the moment you connect your spark (A video would be great)

Thanks

JB

Hi jb ,i can send you a video and steps as to reproduce this issue via email if you have not had luck so far.
  terry

update here is the video  http://youtu.be/wfieR3FAxIY
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:21:58 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »

Here is my reply although I have reported it to your support desk about five times now over 6 months. But don't shoot the messenger, I really appreciate that you working with this now.

- OS version (same issue with both Mavericks and Yosemite)
- Logic version (10.1.0, and the build before that version also had same problem) Logic 9 (32 bit) working fine and Spark 2 standalone also work fine
- Computer configuration (Imac 27" late 2012 with 16 GB Ram, 3,1Ghz i5, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB graphic card.
- Did you config the IAC driver ? No, not sure what you mean with 'config the driver'?

If possible,
Start Logic with Spark 2 enabled. Record or playback of two or more tracks. External midi as well as internal soft synths. Audio and screen 'lags' or 'freezes' randomly and more often if I operate Spark in some way either by the hardware or by mouse. The freezes is much more noticeable for external midi synths and drum machines than internal audio sounds.
Thanks

JB

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 10:22:30 pm »
News?

JB ARTURIA

• Tech-Support
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 11:01:32 am »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks you for your help, and for the video. I've finaly manage to reproduce this issue.
The bug is now adress to our developer, it will be correct in the next update.
We want to release it as soon as possible.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.

JB

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 02:38:26 pm »
Thank you so much for your support. Keep us updated when the update is completed.

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 12:02:20 pm »
Is there still no update?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines