March 29, 2024, 12:13:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SPARK 2.1.0.426 Lag with Logic X  (Read 26472 times)

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SPARK 2.1.0.426 Lag with Logic X
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:31:04 pm »
Hello guys,

any of you solved the problem with the lags in logic X? It happens also with the update 2.1.0 426.

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SPARK 2.1.0.426 Lag with Logic X
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 03:50:05 pm »
No answer?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:59:54 pm »
Hi can you give me more details what you mean by lags?

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »
Of course. I downloaded the latest version of the software and when I open it in Logic (for example) it lags. But the strange thing is that the lag happen only when the software screen is open. It becomes to freeze, the fader becomes slowly and haltingly and all the function on the software become unusable. And this happens also to Logic faders and meters. They become slowly and haltingly and all is completely unusable. But when i close the plugin window it starts again to work well. It's really frustrating because i had to downgrade the version to 1.7.2 and it works fine but not completely. No one experienced these problems? I waited for a fixed update but also the update is stile unusable in the DAW.

P.S.

Whne I use it in standalone mode all works really fine. It happens only in DAWs like ableton and logic.

I have a macbook pro i7, 16 gb of ram and I suppose that'ss not a problem of cpu.

Thank you for your support.

alexdbad

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:58:32 pm »
Hi

I have exactly the same problem.
Macbook Pro retina i7 16gb.

Standalone works fine.

As long as the screen is open in logic everything slows down. Sometimes when its the only plugin running its ok for a while but eventually slows everything down. Switching to the preferences tab helps a touch, but better to close completely.

Its only good for triggering sounds in logic with the plugin window off.

Alexdbad

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »
I'm happy that I'm not the only one with this issue. Looking around some other people had experienced this kind of issue with the GUI. I've contacted the support but it seems that no one knows this problem. Are you using the latest version of LOGIC X?

jsmirk

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 06:26:10 am »
This was also next on my list to post in the forum.  When the plugin is open, the responsiveness becomes so slow as to be unusable within Logic, both from the controller and the gui.  The experience is completely different in standalone, so i'm forced to work out grooves there first, but i'm not able to take advantage of effects and processing available from my other plugins. This is completely holding me back creatively.

I watch videos of people developing grooves with the Maschine plugin + hardware inside their DAW and I cry a little inside.

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:56 pm »
This problem occurred immediately when upgrading to Spark 2, released in August 2014.

After contacting Arturia support several times without answer I finally got this message from them September 27 last year (2014)

"This is a known bug with the GUI, and we are working on IT.
Please accept all apologies for the temporary inconvenience caused.

Feel free to come back to me if still any problem or misunderstanding.
Yours cordially,"

This was the first time Arturia admitted that it was problems with Spark 2. They also claimed that an update would be available soon that would fix this. Now six months later, this update still do not exist. 

I must say that Arturias support department is really bad, and sometimes I start to question their intelligence. But even so, to make Spark work with the market leaders of DAW's should not ever take +6 months to solve!

All I can say is that if all of us users keep shaving their backs, demanding a solution, they ought to do something sometime.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:38:37 pm by syz-x »

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 04:16:24 pm »
Completely agree. I spent more than one week try to find a solution with the support but in the end he wrote me "Yes maybe it's a problem with the retina display. I'll contact the dev team to fix them in the next update". I hope dev team will fix this soon.

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 05:25:12 pm »
Yesterday I got this message from the support: "The GUI bug is fixed now, can you explain to me what is the problem?".

I seems like Arturia have no idea at all how to solve this. Maybe roll back to Spark 1 would be the trick?

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 05:44:49 pm »
They said something about a new update?

baxyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »
Spark is unusable in Logic. Does not matter 2 or 1.7.2 ... Try 909 for example - make a software instrument track, put Spark on it and press play in Logic. Change patterns on Spark. Sooner or later there will be a hiccup - pads will stay lit for a while and then it goes on. Sometimes it fails to update the controller, pads stay lit and so on and on. When that hiccup occurs, other devices which are slaved via Midi clock to Logic will lose sync and stop.
Btw Spark 2 takes about twice as much CPU as 1.7.2. Not happy with the current situation at all.

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 12:27:54 am »
With the 1.7.2 it works quite fine on logic X. If you disable the record button it works fine. When the Record button is pressed on the track it starts to lag and the controller start to go mad.

baxyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:31 pm »
With the 1.7.2 it works quite fine on logic X. If you disable the record button it works fine. When the Record button is pressed on the track it starts to lag and the controller start to go mad.

Not here. 1.7.2 seems to be working fine until I change the pattern. Then it will play about 8-9 bars and then glitches. It seems to be halting Logic for a moment which in turn causes external devices to lose sync. I have also tested it with the AU Lab developer utility from Apple. Spark 1.7.2 regularly crashes there while processing a delay effect, this might have something to with those halts in Logic too.
The record button problem might be caused by Midi echo: Spark is sending Midi event to Logic, which gets sent back to Spark.

giuseppealbrizio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:51 pm »
Which version of Logic you use? O.S.? I've tested on both Mavericks and Yosemite (Logic 9 and X) and the 1.7.2 seems to work fine.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines