April 23, 2024, 07:45:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synchronising Microbrute sequences to Reaper when recording  (Read 3613 times)

Blairio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Synchronising Microbrute sequences to Reaper when recording
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:43:57 am »
I had an issue synching my Microbrute to Reaper in Reaper is in 'record' mode.  Initially, I could get a sequence on Microbrute to start playing when I started Reaper. It would play in time with Reaper, no problem.  However, when I set Reaper to record, the sequence on my Microbrute would start out of time.  The tempo was OK, but it seemed the sequencer on Microbrute was 'offset'. The offset was not even a clear ratio of the tempo.

I fixed this by hooking my Microbrute up to my mac via USB, opening the Connections software, and then:

1. setting the 'Sync' parameter in the Connections software to 'Ext'.
2. setting the 'Next Seq' parameter in the Connections software to 'Inst Reset'.

Now when I set Reaper to record, the Microbrute sequence starts at the correct place i.e. the beginning, and runs in time with Reaper.

However, configured this way, the Microbrute sequences will not play unless there is a clock available at the midi input.  Also if the 'Sync' parameter in the Connections software is to 'Auto', then the Microbrute sequence will play even when Reaper (the clock source) is not, and behaviour is unpredictable.  Sometimes the sequence plays in the wrong key.

All this is a bit disappointing, and takes the 'shine' off an otherwise great product. It should have come out in basic testing with what is a common DAW platform (Reaper). Can I ask Arturia to acknowledge this bug, and give an indication when it will be addressed by?

I am running Microbrute firmware 1.0.3.2 and Reaper v4.76 - December 15 2014, on a macmini.

Two more points:

The version of the Microbrute Connection manual available to download from the Arturia site (v1.0.3)) refers to the 'Ext' Sync setting as 'Midi'. this alone could cause confusion, and should really be corrected.

It would also be useful if there was version information available for the Connections software, so we can tell whether we are running the latest version. Or is the version of Connections tied directly to the Firmware version?  Again, this should be in the manual.

Thanks,

Blair

DarkOpz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Synchronising Microbrute sequences to Reaper when recording
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:35:20 am »
Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to sync mine with Reaper too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines