March 29, 2024, 01:41:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updates  (Read 6715 times)

Landsphere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Updates
« on: January 08, 2015, 03:30:34 pm »
Ok. Before everyone jumps on the band wagon and says its a dead product.. Wondering if there is any OFFICIAL word from the people at Arturia on wether there will be any further development for the Origin..  Afterall it is still for sale, theyve not moved it to any kind of discontinued products section or anything... So heres hoping one of them will come back and give us an update...

Heres hoping...   :)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »
The official specs have these paragraphs:

•Alternatively, use an existing synthesizer recreation: the MiniMg, the Jupiter-8, the ARP 2600*, or the CS-80*
•High-Quality Real time Effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Parametric EQ*, Bit Crusher*.

The * used to refer to a footnote sating "To be included in a free update". (Arturi: you may want to add the footnote back in on the Origin spec page)

I take this continuation of the mentioning of ARP 2600, CS-80, PEQ and Bitcrusher as evidence that Arturia still intend to actually do this. There are also some outstanding bugs that needs fixing. Personally I'd love to see that ARP 2600 and Yamaha CS-80 recreation - they'd be very useful for DSP efficiency, convenience and ease of use and plain old coolness.

Perhaps an Arturia representative wants to comment on the situation and plans?

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:04:58 pm »
PEQ and bitcrusher already exist  ;)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:46:21 pm »
Indeed they do, the point remains tough; they have delivered on promises, and they claim that they will deliver the outstanding ARP and CS (Note that I mention that I'd love to see the ARP and CS, not the PEQ and BC as they're already there ;))

It has been pretty much precisely 2 years since the last update now, and IMO it's about time for another one. If Arturia aren't really planning on fulfilling the currently advertised spec, they should come forward and say so and remove the outstanding features from the sales material. Therefore I ask for a statement from an Arturia  representative.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 01:49:27 am »
Hi all!

And sorry guys, every time someone here starts (once again) a debate about updates I feel that I need to stress this point: before any new feature it's even more important to fix obvious malfunctions. IMO it's kind of a lie to still sell Origin keyboard with malfunctioning Midi. Origin keyboard has MIDI out/in/thru but it cannot send Midi out correctly. I reported this issue on July 2013, got an idea from Philippe that it is probably a firmware bug and we're still waiting for a fix... Another very frustrating thing is this big knob issue which is there annoying SO many users.

Cheers,
P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:08:37 am by JacksonP »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 09:00:50 pm »
I think we're in agreement there, JacksonP; bug fixes first then the remaining features.

Regarding bug fixes, AFAIK, there aren't really any biggies, mainly getting some MIDI stuff sorted.

The Big Knob issue is a hardware one, if I understand correctly. The large diameter of the knob probably puts a big load on the mechanism (I've had encoders fail like  this before), and perhaps changing the encoder from the Chinese part to the US Bourns part is the solution(?). If this is indeed the case, perhaps a service bulletin and the related part could be sent out to local workshops, and perhaps even individuals who want to fix it themselves for out of warranty Origins.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 03:34:30 pm »
@DrJustise

IMO these two -  big knob, and Origin Keyboard MIDI-out issue - are the only big issues indeed. And like you said, big knob is hardware related. Arturia should really give some resources to make these fixed and then we'd have a quite perfect instrument.

And of course, I have nothing against new modules or templates etc. but first things first ;)

P.S. About the knob: I think we need a clear statement from Arturia how to fix it. What replacement part and detailed instructions how to make this fix.

Landsphere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:16 pm »
Thats just the thing tho.. WILL Arturia actually respond? Im sure they feel bad for the users that have the knob issue.. But I guess resources are currently elsewhere making more money...    :-\

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines