April 20, 2024, 01:30:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection product documentation?  (Read 1717 times)

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection product documentation?
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:05:30 pm »
As I am working my way through learning these beautiful sounding synths in the V Collection 4 (just upgraded recently from V Collection 3), I find myself wanting to learn more and more about how they work in detail.  However, I have not been able to find any product documentation in the install directory on my computer, nor accessible from inside the synths themselves.  Is there no documentation installed by default, and I simply need to go to the Arturia website, locate, and download all relevant manuals... er, manually?  That seems like a bit of a pain, for all the included products.

Okay, maybe it's not a major pain, but why is there any pain at all?  Why is this not done automatically by the otherwise awesome program ASC?  By comparison, the Native Instruments software installer updates both your programs AND documentation.  Maybe this is something that's scheduled by Arturia for a future update of ASC, and hasn't been implemented yet because it's so new?

Or have I simply missed it, and I've already got the documentation installed somewhere?

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: V Collection product documentation?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:43 am »
Hi Waltcollins,
You're right the only way to access our manuals is on the website.
It's true that it could be nice to directly have access to those manuals through the ASC.

I'll list your request and discuss it with dev team !
.......testing.......

waltcollins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »
Thanks Ben, that would be great. :)

I realize this may be something more involved, but I would also love to see some way to access the relevant documentation from inside the product itself.  Like some little button in the header bar, or entry in some menu, that opens up the PDF for that product (presuming it is installed by ASC, the product would know where it could be found).

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:05:10 pm »
You're right.
The Midi Control Center as a shortcut to the manual in the help menu.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines