March 29, 2024, 12:38:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Faulty Keys  (Read 1738 times)

roobarb56

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Faulty Keys
« on: January 02, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »
Hi

Just like to inform everyone that I too had the issues with the keys, in my situation the keys not being retained correctly due to a small plastic part snapping off!

At first I fixed it myself with some epoxy glue, which worked fine but also contacted Arturia.

I have to say they were brilliant, acknowledged the issue and sent a new keybed out immediately, they also offered to fit it free for me.

As I had already taken the unit apart which was quite easy I decided to fit it myself, so far so good.

One question still remains however, why did they choose to fit a 'lower quality keybed' into an otherwise very well made product?  Cost I would guess, but everything else is such good quality, better than expected in fact. I'm not so sure this new keybed is any different, as there are no obvious aesthetic changes, although they did suggest there were manufacturing issues that have caused the problem, possibly using recycled plastic? so time will tell.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experiences, and thank you to Arturia for being honest and sorting out the problem for me so promptly.

Cheers  :)

p.s I hope Arturia will fit some better quality keybeds in their otherwise well made products, as these are proving to be somewhat of an 'achilles heel' judging by several posts on the issue. I don't usually like complaining but I do believe that constructive customer feedback is a very valuable part of any design and development process.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:25:25 pm by roobarb56 »

fizzyfizz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Faulty Keys
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:48 pm »
Glad to hear you had a positive experience. I had a problem with the keys on my Keylab 49 straight out of the box. I contacted Arturia on 20th December but still haven't heard anything.

I completely agree with you and everyone else that has mentioned the lower quality keyboard against an otherwise very sturdy and solid machine. I'm no pro or expert but I can definitely confirm those keys are VERY poor quality. Comparable to my young daughter's toy keyboard in fact.

93tilinfinity

Re: Faulty Keys
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:59:17 am »
Another faulty keyboard here. Straight out of the box, my C3 and C3# keys did not work. The pitch wheel broke and now stays in place and doesn't spring back. I've owned this keyboard for less than 24 hours and it is already rendered unusable. Will be returned and exchanged for a more reliable brand controller.

From browsing Arturia's forums and internet forums of other Keylab users, it seems that major hardware issues like this are rampant. Too bad that a product with so much potential is ruined by poor quality control on the hardware side.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines