March 29, 2024, 11:41:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Missing synths in Analog lab, even though they are checked off in preferences  (Read 16076 times)

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
I might have missed something earlier, but I just moved to VC4.  Analog Lab in standalone, and plugin in Reaper, shows that Solina, Matrix, and Vox are checked as editable in the preferences section, but they do not appear at all in the sound or instrument sections. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

murdockscott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Same here, I came to the forums to see if I could figure out why the new instruments are not showing up.

OFM

I had the same problem... I had to re install Analog Lab only, but before if you're on Mac you need to delete the
Analog Lab application and also the Analog Lab folder under Library/Arturia then open a finder window and hit on your
keyboard command+shift+G (same time) and type the path: /private/var/db/receipts/
Delete all files that contain Analog Lab
Then re install Analog Lab only and the new synths will show up with the presets.

PS: Make sure to backup your own presets if you have some.

Cheers,
OFM

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
Hello OFM

Well, I updated to VC4 on my PC, so not able to use that fix.  I did not update my Mac as I see too many issues with Yosemite.

Cheers

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

murdockscott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I deleted Analog Lab and all the related files I could find in the receipts folder. I then reinstalled the app from the "WelcomeApp" but unfortunately, I get the same missing instruments. I do have an old copy of Analog Laboratory that came with my MiniLab keyboard, I wonder how closely these two applications are related and if the preferences of the old Analog Laboratory could be messing with Analog Lab... Ok I just discovered an interesting tidbit. It looks like MiniLab now comes with a version of Analog Lab but that version seems to exclude the new instruments like the Matrix12 V (at least it does not show them on the website, not sure any information about any version of Analog Lab shows the new instruments though). I wonder if something has gotten messed up with my install and it thinks I should have a "lesser" version because I also own a MiniLab? I mean other people DO have presets for the Matrix12 V, VOX Cont. V, and Solina V inside the version of Analog lab that came with V Collection 4? Right?

murdockscott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I deleted Analog Lab and all related files again tonight. I also deleted all old software like Analog Laboratory that came with the MiniLab as well as all its flotsam and jetsam. I then reinstalled analog lab yet again. No luck! Short of reinstalling the whole package from scratch I am out of ideas. It is too bad. I think it would be a great way to explore the collection from a central location. I doubt I will use it much in its current state since I know I am missing key instruments.

cisco124

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've just upgraded from v1.1 to 1.2 and have exactly the same problem, Carlos. Prior to upgrading I'd spent a lot of time looking for support info on the Arturia site. There is none.
The 1.2 install asked if I wanted to install to the existing program folder and I OK'd it (most software updates will warn if this can cause problems).
Now the C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Analog Lab\embedded folder contains both the original synth DLLs and the new ones. Similarly, the C:\ProgramData\Arturia folder contains the original (preferences) folders in addition to newly created ones (e.g. Prophet-V2 (original) and Prophet V2 (new).
It seems I should have uninstalled the previous version first.
I've now used 1 activation out of 5.

cisco124

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Solved on Windows 7 64-bit!
1. Uninstalled Analog Lab (not Arturia Software Center and MIDI Control Center)
2. Removed everything (except Arturia Software Center and MIDI Control Center folders) from C:\ProgramData\Arturia
3. Reinstalled Analog Lab 1.2
Result: 3 additional synths.
As stated in my previous post, I'd installed v1.2 on top of 1.1 and discovered multiple DLLs and other files in C:\ProgramData\Arturia.
I'd also noticed that version 1.1 showed as still installed in Programs and Features and uninstalled it first.
As I'd already activated v1.2 in ASC it was not necessary to do so again.
Just to be safe I had backed up C:\ProgramData\Arturia to another location. It may be wise to do this, just in case.
Worked for me!

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
Hi Cisco

Thanks for your work.
However, I have a strange setup of an SSD for my Windows 8.1, an SSD for my programs, and a large SATA for data. I see that this problem might be tied to another one that may be related.  I installed VC4 and have found that Spark, while installed AND working, is not showing up on ASC as installed. I see that VC4 distributes its installation over a number of locations, including on the C drive.

In addition, C:\ProgramData does not exist at all, and my attempt to create required apparently the removal of vast amounts of software to be uninstalled, sigh! Arturia tells me to to do that, but I am quite hesitant to do so. :), and don't get me started on my much delayed install on the Yosemite OS :)

I have found since I went to a three drive setup that several pieces of software are set to create, without the ability to change, installation as C drive as the only option.

cisco124

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi, Carlos.
I don't have the V Collection - only the recently installed Analog Lab. Have you - like myself - upgraded AL from v1.1 or is it your first install of AL? I see that VC4 includes AL.
The ProgramData folder is hidden by default.
1. In Windows 8.1 File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) display the View tab.
2. In the Show/hide group check Hidden items. You should now see the ProgramData folder.
3. In the Layout group select to view Details.
4. In the Current view group click Add columns and add Date created/modified as required.
You should now be able to explore the ProgramData folder. You'll probably find - as I did - that there is more than one version of some items. The most recently created should be the AL 1.2 versions.
I would also check Control Panel > Programs and Features. Try sorting by installed date and publisher (if necessary View > Choose details to display these columns). You may find more than one version of AL. If you don't see Control Panel check the options in File Explorer > View tab > Panes > Navigation Pane. All of this can be done in File Explorer.
One more thing: on the Arturia Updates page the 1.2 update is specified for AL, but not for VC. Not sure how relevant that may be.

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
The new Windows update to Analog Lab fixed the problem.  They are both checked off in the preference section AND now available in the instrument/sound windows.
I did unhide the C:\programdata folder, but decided to not dump anything.
In fact, when ASC was downloading the AL update it got to 100% percent and twice report an error. I just d/l it from the updates and manuals pages, and all seems to be good as even Spark is now showing up in my installed choices.

Now, does anyone know how long we can avoid putting VC4 on a Yosemite? :)

Cheers to all

Carlos

murdockscott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
After reading these last few posts I went to the manuals and updates page and noticed a update that was dated 08-Jan-2015. Mousing over the "infos" link next to it gave me this...

V 1.2.2
Bugfixes
Preset database currupted, no preset for Matrix-12, Solina and Vox

That looks promising! I am downloading the Mac version right now and will report back on if it worked.

murdockscott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Well I see them now, unfortunately I have developed the bug that won't allow you to play them below a certain key range in the standalone version... which limits me in the same way. I can't sit with my laptop and minilab, explore and build a collection of favorites... oh well. I am sure that will get fixed at some point as well.

Nestos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Well I see them now, unfortunately I have developed the bug that won't allow you to play them below a certain key range in the standalone version... which limits me in the same way. I can't sit with my laptop and minilab, explore and build a collection of favorites... oh well. I am sure that will get fixed at some point as well.

I have been experiencing the same problem, it would only play a certain number of keys. However, when I started it up last night it wouldn't play any but, after I rebooted it would play on all of them.

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Carlos of Coronado
Murdockscott, Nestos,

I tried my standalone AL and in Reaper, and all three do play the lowest and highest range, on my 49 keyboards.
I am curious as a number of other synths have also reported challenges, but I seem not to be able to reproduce them :o so far.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:11:42 pm by carlosrr »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines