March 29, 2024, 09:23:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: saving instruments on pads Spark Le  (Read 3676 times)

Jas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
saving instruments on pads Spark Le
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »
Hello

I have made a own project, within this project I have a kit, when i want to change instruments on the pads i manage to to this, I'm pressing Select and button 9 to save the instrument but when I change pad to save a another instrument the last one I saved isn't
there anymore......what I'm I doing wrong......with a pad selected I'm  pressing "select and step button 9 which is "save" but this obviously doesn't work???

Br
Jack

Jas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: saving instruments on pads Spark Le
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:05:32 pm »
It seems that i have to be in the main window of the software to be able to save a instrument on a pad, if I'm doing it from the instrument window and pressing save  a green bar shows up and fills up to 99%, then switching to the main window it saves the instrument on the corresponding pad, is this how it should work, shouldn't it be possible to save a instrument on a pad from the instruments window without being forced to switch windows from instrument to main?
I have the spark 2 software running on a Macbook pro and every updates installed.

Edit..this only occurs when I'm pressing select and save on the controller, saving directly in the software works in the instruments
window.

/Jack
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:08:27 pm by Jas »

Jas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
Ok so this is the case...i have reinstalled spark software several times, everytime when started up the program it lets me save a instrument on a pad from the controller once, when trying to do it again the saving procedure begins but stops almost when the green bar reach the end, to finish the saving i need to switch over to the main screen where it finishes it automatically.

saving from the software works every time, it seem like there some sort of conflict beetveen the controller and the software itself, can someone from arturia help out with this issue.

Thanks
Jack

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »
Hi jas , How are you loading the instruments are you selecting in the instrument library .if so are you pressing load button at the bottom or double clicking the instrument in the library view . if you just select a instrument for a pad this is not being saved in the pad but as a temporary file .please press load if you are keeping it for your kit , then save  select 9 or at the top of the gui .the save is for project and kits .it will not save the instrument unless you have loaded it into the pad as above.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Jas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »
Thanks Terrym, that explains why it didn't work for me, another quest..

is there a way to copy an instruments parameters to another, what i mean is that if I'm for example have a synth sound loaded at pad 4, can i copy just that instruments parameters (modular, effects etc) to another pad which have the instrument that i want to target the parameters ?

Br
Jack

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »
Not sure what you mean. as an instrument can be made up of a sample or physical or analog model . ,As you may know you can load any instrument into any pad from your library and then tweak it .if its a sample and you have setting of another instrument you could use that and change the sample and rename it.

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Jas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 10:45:23 pm »
trying explain better...

I have a sound that are modulated in a away and sounds good, this can for example be a synth sound that when you press the pad and seq is running it sounds like an arpeggio eg the pitch are shifting when you press the pad, if this for instance is a string sound and i want it to be a snare sound but with the exact
same setting as the synth sound ( in modular section) can i the copy the modular settings to the snare sound or must it be rebuilded
from the beginning?

Br
Jack

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines