March 29, 2024, 10:40:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 sustain pedal polarity  (Read 21222 times)

almartin

Keylab 88 sustain pedal polarity
« on: December 26, 2014, 12:00:38 pm »
I have a sustain pedal with a reverse polarity so when I press it I get no sustain and when I release the notes are sustained.

Unfortunately the pedal doesn't have a reverse switch but I did find the settings for it in MMC.

The issue is that when I set the off value to 127 and the on value to 0 (to reverse the polarity) the keyboard sends odd values. for instance pressing the pedal gives a value of 91 and releasing gives a value of 72 (both above 64)?????

Is this a firmware bug or am I doing something wrong?
Allan Rowe

Tausendberg

Re: Keylab 88 sustain pedal polarity
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:57 pm »
I don't want to sound like I'm changing the subject but I get weird sustain pedal issues too on my Keylab 88. Have you seen these glitchy errors on the LED?

I believe that the 88 appears to have some kind of bug related to the aftertouch and pedals and it might be related to your issues as well

Masahiko Harigae

• Harry's Music
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:25 am »
Same problem here too. MIDI control center doesn't work, it even makes problem worse.  I'm thinking I may have to replace my Roland damper pedal to other kinds. Is there one that Arturia recommends?

Often M. Confused

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:14:03 pm »
Same problem here among other even more major problems. random notes triggering in keylab and in each individual synths launched as stand-alone or launched through Cubase 7. Totally unusable after one week since purchasing. Awaiting further instructions from Arturia support.

Tausendberg

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 05:38:24 am »
Often M. Confused,

I hear from multiple other places that Arturia has really bad technical support. I still haven't heard from them after more than two weeks and it's the same story for many people. If you're having that many problems then you should probably return the product from where you bought it.

bendevine7

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:03:37 am »
I've only had the keylab88 for less than a week and I'm noticing similar issues as well. The sustain pedal doesn't work with a lot of the instruments in the Analog Lab. The keyboard is also sending these phantom notes that I'm not playing.

I'm also getting a lot of bugs in Logic X when trying to program the controls.

This is very disappointing b/c I do like a lot of the features in the Analog Lab. What other controllers are out there that aren't as damn glitchy?

Often M. Confused

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 12:42:11 am »
I figured out the random note issue after discovering my poor reading habits. I had the usb into my computer but erroneously also had my midi out going to my interface.
Lesson learned.....read the instructions thoroughly.  However, I still cannot get the midi control center. function to reverse the sustain pedal polarity. Up is still on, down is off no matter how I set the polarity in the midi control center. Email out to support.

baromaro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 06:41:27 pm »
Same problem here too. MIDI control center doesn't work, it even makes problem worse.  I'm thinking I may have to replace my Roland damper pedal to other kinds. Is there one that Arturia recommends?

I opened my Roland damper pedal and I used a welder to switch the cable of the internal button to the NC contact.

jimBroski

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:13:02 am »
Hi,

I had the same problem and found a workaround! It's not ideal but it works!

Apparently the Expression Pedal In reads the polarity the correct way. So since I'm not using an expression pedal, I was able to just plug my sustain pedal in the expression pedal input. In the MIDI Control Center I selected the Expression Pedal (by pressing my sustain pedal down) and gave it the CC Number 64 (for sustain).

Now it's working. I hope this helps!

Often M. Confused

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 06:29:45 pm »
I did your workaround jimBroski and it worked fine.  However, some of us will want to use an expression pedal so it is incumbent upon Arturia to get their sh-t together on this, particularly their lack of customer service.  Absolutely amateur hour. They need to hire more support reps to handle the volume of technical issues that arise in their products. If they cant respond to problems within reasonable time periods  ( my emails have gone unanswered now for 3 weeks ) they should not release a new product.  They will begin losing business which would be a shame.
Good products- very poor upper management.

Arturia!,, i hope you are listening.  You owe me for hours of lost time chasing your support team down.  I have a call into guitar center management to inform them of my experience.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 10:00:44 am »
Hi all please try latest firmware update 1.0.17 :
http://www.arturia.com/products/keylab88/resources
.......testing.......

bioled

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 04:15:20 pm »
I tried the firmware 1.0.17, the sustain pad is still invert.
Another issue after update to 1.0.17 is that the MIDI Control Center shows my firmware is 1.0.0.17 and jumps out window suggest me to update to 1.0.17 every time I open MIDI Control Center, that's really annoying.  (The LED screen on KEYLAB 88 shows it's firmware 1.0.17 correctly)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines