March 28, 2024, 11:42:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch wheel broke. How good is Arturia on replacements?  (Read 2842 times)

alandrune

Pitch wheel broke. How good is Arturia on replacements?
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:19:35 am »
Spring broke on the pitch wheel of my keylab 61. Will not return to the zero after going down. How good is Arturia about replacements? I already have an issue open with tech support trying to get it addressed but not sure if that was the right route. Hard to find warranty info on the site.

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pitch wheel broke. How good is Arturia on replacements?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 01:59:51 am »
I talked with Jerome a while back about a warranty keybed replacement. He was great and the factory's shipment of the keybed was reasonably fast. I actually first spoke with him here on the forums, and he took my email down and contacted me that way. Opening a tech support ticket is surely fine, but I expect there will be a bit of a wait.

If you're worried about your warranty running out or anything, I imagine that just documenting when you first contacted them will be all you need if there's any question.

93tilinfinity

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:57:14 am »
The same thing happened to me after owning my keyboard for less than 24 hours. Pitch wheel broke and now stays in place and doesn't spring back. Since my unit (KeyLab 61) also has two faulty keys (C3 and C#3), it will be returned promptly and exchanged for a controller of another brand.

This experience will make me avoid Arturia like the plague in the future. From browsing Arturia's forums and internet forums of other Keylab users, it seems that major hardware issues like this are rampant. Too bad that a product with so much potential is ruined by poor quality control on the hardware side.

jab

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:01:45 am »
I had the same problem. I tried to contact support last month, still no answer. The Analog Lab software is also really buggy, so I had enough. Trying to return the unit through the reseller.

A brand new product (mine was a week old) shouldn't have these kind of problems, but I guess Arturia spent all their money on Youtube ads. That will get them sales in the short term, but eventually this kind of a service will bite them. Hope they improve the quality someday - until then, I'm switching to other brands.

gravyface

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 11:33:36 pm »
Ugh, regretting purchase and it hasn't even arrived yet.

Question: are the new keybeds any better in design or are they the same as the original?  I feel like such an idiot for not checking the forums in here first.

gravyface

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 09:55:18 pm »
Ugh, regretting purchase and it hasn't even arrived yet.

Question: are the new keybeds any better in design or are they the same as the original?  I feel like such an idiot for not checking the forums in here first.

I cancelled my purchase; too many hardware failures out there, which is a crying shame, because the software looks great. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines