March 28, 2024, 02:52:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Project Export  (Read 3197 times)

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
Project Export
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:48:55 am »
I have autorized my SparkLE and Spark 2 on 2 different computers.
One is my studio Mac OSX machine, where Spark works as drum machine. The other is my Win laptop for live pourposes, where I will use Spark for a live show. If I export Spark projects from my studio Mac (containing samples from my hdd) to my laptop, will those samples be saved inside the project? Manual says NOTHING about "behind the scene", what is technically imported-exported.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Project Export
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »
hi daksha, when you save a project in export all project ,kit and sample if used are saved in the .spk file. But I must tell you please try as I am having problems with export working at the moment .arturia are aware of this bug . it on my osx system .not sure about windows .

let me know how you get on with your system .please check in the library folder to see if there are layer folders with your samples in them .
I also save sample to library in the pref window.

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »
Very well, thanks a lot!
I will make soon a project on the OSX studio computer and than export it to the Win laptop.
And the second project, I will do the oposite, to test better what goes and what doesn't.
I will post results.  :)

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »
Ok, no, it doesn't export complete projects, but says "Export Current Bank" and "Export Current Preset". Import shows only an "Import ability, and when I push it, the browsing windows say Presets...so I don't think that moving complete projects from one computer to another is possible :(
This is quite limiting for a so good sounding machine :/

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 07:16:09 pm »
Should be able to move kits from mac spark to windows mac but not sure if it works the other way round

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »
.spk files should be transparent between the two. The issues come when using your own samples or when asking spark to save the samples

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 10:07:06 am »
I think Arturia have to focus FIRST OF ALL on this kind of things.
Sound is brillant and hi quality as drum machine inside a studio environment and multiout mode, it give best results than battery 3 for shure (at least, i like it more) and better than GrooveAgent 4 (not my kind of drum machine).
Workflow with the SparkLe is a breeze, I start writing drums on it, make some variation, fill-ins, change sounds and samples on the fly and when I'm at a good point, I export patterns to Cubase just in GM by drag 'n' drop and than build a more serious structure and variations there.
SparkLE is simply PERFECT. It's what I was looking for years.
But with this saving-exporting (and most important BACKUP) imitations, it's born "without a serious future" in my opinion, remaining a toy-groovebox targeted to kids.
Arturia staff should have to focus developing on two things before introducing new features: samples loading and project exporting-backing up.
Tons of new features have no pourpouse if tomorrow I can loose all what i did with them, and being able to switch project from studios and production environments is what really makes the difference at this point. A small effort in this way would give to this product a total new customers target, a professional one.
C'mon Artutia programmers, Spark 2 with the right import-saving-reloading projects implementation, could be called Spark PRO.
 ::)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:09:15 am by daksha »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 11:38:29 am »
Hi . i reported the bug with export before release of spark 2.1 . but was not fixed for me when released . i know the guy are working on it but had a massive task due to the new ASC problems. i'm sure it will be fixed soon .
would be great great if some of you could check for me if import /export works  for you . all you need to do is export a new project with more than 8 instruments loaded then when exported delete that project in your library folder . and export it . then see if you have your samples there as well .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 08:59:59 am »
Yes, the problem is HOW to export a project with more than 8 instruments. You mean a Bank? There is no Project export in my Spark 2.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
Hi the project is the preset this will store bank and project and kit and samples. this is found at the top.

regards

terrym
TerryM

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 08:23:36 am »
Ok, thanks a lot ! This sounds confusing, but it's a good info :)
Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines