March 19, 2024, 10:13:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: asc and e-licencer  (Read 4199 times)

pb21

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
asc and e-licencer
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:26:40 am »
I am not sure if i have to uninstall e-licence now, i upgraded to vcollection 4 from 3 and both activations are showing as activated. When I start analog laboratory its insisting it wants to be activated. Not sure what to do about that. I still have my usb stick though.

assistance would be appreciated.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: asc and e-licencer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:04:19 am »
Hi you need to keep elicencer for analog laboratory and maybe backward compatibility for presets

This thread explains it

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83513.0

Hope this helps

Adrien

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:32 pm »
Hello

I will try to explain.

problem might be with so.e instruments that you have projects done with a daw with earlier versions than asc.
If so, you must know that the content of these was encrypted before ( disclaimer, a bad idea as it was not arturia technology but eLicenser which means we need eLicenser to decrypt).
therefore if you need in the future to open such a project the plug-in new version working with asc will detect it was encoded and try to decrypt with eLicenser.
Which will work only if you still have it installed with a valid activation code.

So first if you upgrade from vc3, keep your eLicenser. If you resell old licenses to buy vc4, then contact the support to get activation codes from the support to allow you to use those old projects.

I m sorry if this is complex.
Again.
We are doing this to simplify your life but we know there is some difficulties for users having long used eLicenser. And we will provide eLicenser code for some time. Probably at least until vc5.

Also, I ensure we will not encrypt projects anymore with any third party technology.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

pb21

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »
I see ok I will keep elicencer installed, for v3collection projects thanks for explaining.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines