April 19, 2024, 12:21:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 not recognized in MIDI Devices  (Read 5256 times)

kumasynthtones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 61 not recognized in MIDI Devices
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:56:35 am »
Hi:

This is really annoying, can someone please help me? I was wondering why after I power off the KeyLab 61 controller, I have to keep reassigning the keyboard within all of the V4 instruments. For example, If I turn the controller on, and then open Analog Lab or ANY stand alone instrument in the V4 collection, the controller is not even detected in MIDI devices and is not even listed at all.   I have to turn off the controller and then back on while the instruments are open before I can see the controller under the MIDI devices and then I am able to choose the device. The same thing happens when I open up MIDI control center.  I am currently using MAC OSX 10.10.1, have the most recent firmware v1.33 installed on the controller, MIDI control center 1.1, and Analog Lab and all of the V4 instruments are up to date. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:58:30 am by kumasynthtones »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Keylab 61 not recognized in MIDI Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:02 am »
hi,

Recent update fixed an issue within midi prefs, apart from Analog Lab which is still an issue on Mac.
Yours sounds more like a power/USB thing.

Is the keyboard direct to your machine or via a hub? Is it powered by a PSU as well as USB? Have you tried another USB lead direct into your machine

Thanks, Stuart
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:26:48 am by stuart »
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

kumasynthtones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 03:58:39 am »
Excellent, Thanks for the quick reply!  Ok, I believe you solved it, and it was a power issue.  I am not using a PSU, but had the controller hooked up to 4 port USB hub that has two cables, one attached to one of the thunderbolt 2.0 ports and the other to usb 3.0 ports on my macbook pro that draws the power to the controller.   I have another hub with a power supply in the 2nd USB 3.0 port, so I hooked up the controller using the hub with the power supply and I no longer have an issue. 

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:11:40 pm »
Hey. No problem, glad to help.

If you can spare a USB port it's best to have it plugged direct, saying that as long as you have a decent powered hub (One that ships with it's own power supply) then that will also be fine.

I've worked through a fair amount of hubs and the only ones I have found to reliably take all the power requirements of my dongles and gear are the 4 and 7 port belkin hubs. They are black in colour with all connections on the back, I have put them into many clients running multiple keyboards/USB's and they are rock solid.

Thanks, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7