March 29, 2024, 12:30:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature request: Polyphonic AT  (Read 3622 times)

martinl

Feature request: Polyphonic AT
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:46:26 am »
Just got the M-12, and being in general quite happy with it. But there is one feature which would make it so much more expressive: If it could also react on polyphonic AT in the modulation matrix.

Actually, it was the CS-80V which made me buy a keyboard with polyphonic AT, and it really is a game changer. Poly AT works beautifully on then CS-80V and also the Modular, the ARP2600, and gives so much more control.

It would be fantastic to have it on the M-12 as well.

Thanks,
Martin

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Feature request: Polyphonic AT
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »
Hi you can set the keyboard to use aftertouch in the mod section
see screenshot

regards

terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

martinl

Re: Feature request: Polyphonic AT
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:02 pm »
Thanks, Terry.

But this is not what I meant. When selecting PRESSURE as source in the modulation matrix, the synth reacts to "channel pressure". This, indeed, works well. What I was talking about is polyphonic aftertouch (few MIDI controllers are able to send poly AT). While many Arturia products also react to poly AT (best examples: CS-80V, SEM, ModularV), the Matrix-12V ignores poly AT MIDI messages.

By looking at those other synths, it should be easy to copy this bit of code also into the M-12V.

Best Regards,
Martin

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines