March 28, 2024, 12:27:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why use Origin auxiliary outputs?  (Read 2793 times)

bethy1234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Why use Origin auxiliary outputs?
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »
Hi there,

I am enjoying my Origin desktop very much. As a newbie i have a question which follows this statement which i read on this site :-

"In Multi mode, you have up to 4 programs inside the multi, each program can have its own auxiliary output."

My question is: can anybody give any practical examples for why you would want to use these aux outputs at all?

I simply use the stereo outputs for each of my other H/W and vst synths, but i cannot conceptually see how you would actually use these outputs in my (cubase DAW).

Thanks in advance

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Why use Origin auxiliary outputs?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 01:35:33 am »
You may want to send each program in a multi to a separate mixer channel for convenience in mixing, or for processing them with different EQs or effects. Likewise you may want to record each program on a separate track in your DAW, again for convenience and flexibility in mixing and processing. If you want to do surround mixing the Aux outs are also useful.

There are many ways to deal with these things, and if using a single stereo output works for you, that's perfectly fine. If you find that you need more flexibility for something, you have the option of using those Aux outs. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:26:56 pm by DrJustice »

bethy1234

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:40:50 am »
That makes complete sense to me now. I intend to experiment with doing just as you suggest, which is to record each program to separate tracks and to process these tracks with individual eq and fx via their aux outputs.

You have answered my question completely. I'm off to try this out at the W/E.

Thank you very much

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:34:11 am »

And welcome bethy1234!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines