March 28, 2024, 01:57:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab and Ableton 8  (Read 1928 times)

wadey

Minilab and Ableton 8
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:33:29 am »
Hello there
Brand new here, so excuse any stupidity

I have Ableton 8 and for Christmas I got an Arturia Minilab
I was hoping that installing it on Ableton would be fairly straightforward, but I'm starting to lose the will to live with it.
I have followed what instructions I can find, and Ableton recognises Minilab in the Preferences>MIDI Sync Input and Output, but not in the dropdown Control Surface menu. I've followed what I can from the forums, but it's seemingly not joining up. I know it must be a simple thing, but for the life of me I'm not getting anywhere. This forum post helped to an extent, and I followed it, but as I say, it's still happening, or showing any sign.

I have PC laptop, and also have it registered to a Mac (which trying to get it to get set up on Garageband is again, a pain and not happening). Should I take everything off and reinstall into one place where it's all to hand - various downloads seem to be in different areas to where they should, or could someone come and help me - it's telling that there's no YouTube tutorials. As I say, it seems like something is not gelling, either in my head or with this whole set-up.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!

Thanks x

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines