March 29, 2024, 08:47:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC does start  (Read 2507 times)

Jean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ASC does start
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:42:19 pm »
Dear all,
I am facing severe problems with Asc.
After a complete installation of the V4 collection on my windows7 engine, ASC was installed but could not connect to the Arturia servers. After some minutes ASC was hung up and could not be started (missing files).
As a result I cannot use V4.
Second installation, same result.
Downloaded ASC only and installing, same result.
Anyone any idea?
Thank you in advance!

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ASC does start
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »
My best advice is...Join this thread:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83635.0 and request that Arturia reinstates eLicencer protection. The ASC is an inconvenienced piece of junk that only will give users, like you and me, problems. The eLicencer it tried and tested and used by, among others, Arturia for almost a decade, with perfect results.

Adrien

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:36:52 pm »
Hello

You are maybe on mac, and yosemite seems to be difficult sometime.
Try to stop your mac completly (not restart), then boot it again, it looks like the SECURE communication we establish is refused by th mac unless it updates some internal status, which it does when booting.

(Note, there is also an update of the ASC since this morning solving issues ate the startup of the ASC on Mac)

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Jean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 03:11:39 pm »
Hello

You are maybe on mac, and yosemite seems to be difficult sometime.
Try to stop your mac completly (not restart), then boot it again, it looks like the SECURE communication we establish is refused by th mac unless it updates some internal status, which it does when booting.

(Note, there is also an update of the ASC since this morning solving issues ate the startup of the ASC on Mac)

Hi Adrien,

as said I am on Windows 7.
I have updated this morning to the version 1.03.412 of ASC, but no change.
It first starts, then come a message "Error 01 Communication..." and then the ASC freezes and Windows gives me an error message "ASC has to be closed due to missing files...".
In total I installed the V4 now 5 imes, no positive result.
I wanted to go back to to V3, but I cannot download this version anymore.
So I spend about 500 € for having now nothing! Great!
Can you help to at least return to V3?

Regards, Jean

Best

Jean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 03:17:18 pm »
My best advice is...Join this thread:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83635.0 and request that Arturia reinstates eLicencer protection. The ASC is an inconvenienced piece of junk that only will give users, like you and me, problems. The eLicencer it tried and tested and used by, among others, Arturia for almost a decade, with perfect results.

Hi Svenne,

frankly spoken I like the idea of the ASC, but I am afraid it seems to be not so easy to bring it to good quality level.
Therefore - for the time being - I would prefer to to go stepwise to the ASC, like keep for licencing the e-licencer and for updated the ASC.
No we have nothing, I am afraid.

Regards, Jean

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines