April 25, 2024, 09:44:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Previewing / Loading Samples in the Library  (Read 1407 times)

jsmirk

Previewing / Loading Samples in the Library
« on: December 07, 2014, 10:20:48 pm »
In Patch Preview would be better named "Auto Load to Instrument".  Because when it is enabled, the selected sound is added to the selected instrument/layer, overwriting whatever existed, with no way to undo other than to navigate back to the original sound.  The behavior of this is fine, it is just misleading to label it as a preview and describe it the way it is in the manual.  It's taken me 6 months to really grasp what's actually going on with these preview & load options.

Additionally, In Patch Preview (or whatever it's called) should actually update the Target section with the chosen sound, so it is made clear a change has happened.  In actuality, this is a bug - nothing happens in this Target area when loading a new sample, period.

It may also make more sense to put the Load button up with Preview or Details because that is the object that is being loaded (the file). It could be made even more clear by naming the button "Load to Target".

Basically, drag & drop to the pads in the Main view is great until you start working with layers and then things start to get a little messy.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
Re: Previewing / Loading Samples in the Library
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 10:56:46 pm »
I dont think the preview is fully realised yet they have fixed some bugs in build 426

but it seems the single click function is replaced with the double click at the momment

Page 79 of the manual describes it

I think its a case of being patient but supplying as much info as you can like your doing

jsmirk

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:22:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Indeed, I can either sit back and bitch or do what I can to help fix and improve 8) As a product manager (web), it's in my blood. I take it that the existence of a build 426 is a good sign things are moving forward - would be great to see more frequent updates.  I may post some other thoughts here on the preview/load process. It is quite a tough nut to crack, though a large percentage of time for a sample-based user such as myself is spent loading samples, so a good workflow here is a huge benefit.

I dont think the preview is fully realised yet they have fixed some bugs in build 426

but it seems the single click function is replaced with the double click at the momment

Page 79 of the manual describes it

I think its a case of being patient but supplying as much info as you can like your doing

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:56 am »
As I wrote now in a separate thread, also reloading a new sample resetting the previous sample engine state would be useful.
If I load a looong open hat, and quickly tweak ADSR to shorten it, or change its pitch to better fit my song, than decide to totally change open hat, when I load a new one, parameters in player are still altered from the previous sound. This is annoying. I also found NO WAY to totally unload a previously assigned patch into a studio slot.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines