April 20, 2024, 03:48:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection 4 installed; ASC is a Bit Messy  (Read 2109 times)

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection 4 installed; ASC is a Bit Messy
« on: December 06, 2014, 07:07:28 am »
I have two PC systems, workstation and laptop.  ASC seems a bit bumpy and messy; maybe not ready for "the big show".

I installed V Collection 4 on both, and activated.

1.  ASC activation seems intermittently dodgy on both.  Was finally able to get it activated on laptop, but only after repeated attempts.  Desktop activation attempt resulted in message "3 activations left" and a red message below that, saying:

X Not Activated

2.  ASC on both computers show Spark as "Not installed", with a "Download" button.  But Spark is indeed installed.  I can even run Spark, although it says it's not authorized, so I get a prompt with three choices:  to go to "My Arturia", "Retry", or "Demo".  This dialog box is annoying and persistent and will only go away if I select "Demo".  Really, there should be a "cancel" option!

Here are the specs for the two computers:

Both run Windows 8.1 64 bit; with all latest patches applied.
Both have an i7 processor.
Workstation has 64 GB RAM, Laptop has 12 GB RAM.
Workstation has SSD drives for OS and applications, laptop uses spinning HDDs.
Installation of V Collection 4 was completed with no MIDI devices attached to either computer.

I like the idea of getting away from eLicenser hardware dongle.  Always nervous about losing or damaging it; especially when travelling!  But in my experience, the ASC seems to be in need of a longer burn-in period.

Attachment pretty much tells it all.  I've masked my serial and unlock codes. 

Does anybody have any ideas?  Thanks!

Adrien

Re: V Collection 4 installed; ASC is a Bit Messy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:25:40 pm »
Hello

I m Sorry you have trouble. And I would day that we have very very few issues. With asc. So maybe there is something related to your installation.

I don't know.

But what I can do is that we try to sort it out.

Please send me or Ben a pm.

I m out of the office until Monday but we could do something then.

Ps, check that you connect well and that the informations in your myarturia account and the asc are the same and that everything is like it should be on your online account.(the issue might be there)

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Fortissimo!

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V Collection 4 installed; ASC is a Bit Messy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:57:03 pm »
Hello and thank you for the reply.  I will send you a PM.  I have work commitments in the office on Monday.  Tuesday is much more flexible for me, so I'll send that info in my PM.

You reference "something related to my installation", which makes me think that you didn't see that I'm having the same behavior on two separate Windows PCs, both of which are connected to the internet and have no trouble using the internet, the Artiuria site, performing the download and installation of the entire V Collection 4 product, or these forums.  In my technical mind, sometimes "two is a trend", so this was the main reason for my suspicion of the ASC.  Anyway, I'm sure we'll get into that when we get together.

PM on the way...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines