March 28, 2024, 09:23:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "skipping" voices [SOLVED]  (Read 14102 times)

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"skipping" voices [SOLVED]
« on: December 05, 2014, 02:41:44 pm »
I have an issue with voices 9 and 10 skipping so to speak. all voices are enabled and lets say i just play a note 12 times
you will hear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8     11 12. It will show that 9 and 10 are triggered but no sound.
I have noticed that if I load a second instance of teh plug in all voices seem to work. not sure on this but will need to test more..
Stand alone seems to also skip voices but I think different voices (11 and 1)

update.  I seem to get consistant results where I open an instant in my daw and it will skip voice 9 and 10. If I then unload that instance and load a new instanace (or just load another instance doesnt seem to matter) of the m12 plugin the issue goes away

But I have noticed something new at least on one patch. when loading the patch the first time it cycles the 12 voices it sounds different a little more compressed bass. then starting on the second cycle it goes back to normal. change patches and then change back to the patch and same thing. see the audio file

lots of issues since upgrading to collection4

analog lab nothing below c3 issue
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83579.0

solina bug with reverb massive CPU issue
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83554.0

matrix 12 skipping voices issue
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83577.0

matrix 12 massive CPU issue
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83576.0

vox reverb cpu issue
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83578.0

matrix 12 voice sound change issue after first 12 voices
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83603.0
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:06:32 am by pl arturia »

Ingo Weidner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: "skipping" voices
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:45:22 pm »
I have an issue with voices 9 and 10 skipping so to speak. all voices are enabled and lets say i just play a note 12 times
you will hear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8     11 12. It will show that 9 and 10 are triggered but no sound.
I have noticed that if I load a second instance of teh plug in all voices seem to work. not sure on this but will need to test more..
Stand alone seems to also skip voices but I think different voices (11 and 1)

Hi,

i could not really replicate a "skipping voice " problem here when playing a note 12 times.

I noticed that the could be voice stealing but that is a feature that could be turned on/off with the button nexzt to the mode in the zones section at the Voices page.

Which OS, host and plugin format (VST2, VST3, AAX, Au) are you using?
Do you also notiice the problem with the default patch or only with certain patches?

I got Windows 7 64-bit with Live 9, Cubase 7.5, Studio One 2.6, Reaper 4.7 and Pro Tools 11.

Ingo
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 / Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) / Cubase 7.5.30, Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.4, Reaper 4.75, Pro Tools 11.2.1

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
I have been doing more testing and it is getting more difficult. Ill explain later down.

win 7 ultimate 64 sp1
i7 920 @2.67Ghz overcloking at around 3GHz 12 gig mem 64 bit OS
presonus studio one pro2 producer 2.6.1.24770

* multiple preset
* V steal does not seem to have an impact
* VST3
NEW INFO
* the problem seems to be able to be "fixed" IF
         * I load the m12 into my daw and then unload it and load it again or just load another instance. then all voices seem to "fire" this also seems to be the "fix" for the analog lab issue I have were nothing below c3 will play unless i load another instance of it.
         * obviously this isnt a fix but a temp work around
* Oddly enough the default patch gave me the problem but just now it didnt. different patches did give me the problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:16:39 pm by boof »

JohnnyL

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »
Indeed when loading Matrix 12 V the first time, sometimes voice are 'skipped' i.e. not heared. This happened to me in demo mode (I was thinking this would be part of the demo limitation). But later it also happened after authorisation. Depending on the patch loaded, different voice numbers would be skipped, most cases just one or two out of all voices. In a particular patch always the same voices would be skipped when rotating through the voices, so it is not a problem of one or more specific voice numbers only all of the time for all patches, it varies per patch. I've seen voice 1 being skipped in a particular patch, but also voice 3, 8 and 9 in another patch, and so on.
After reloading the plugin into a channel strip the problem seems to be fixed.
For another test I started up Logic again and played the Matrix 12 V on initial load. Same voice skipping again. After removing the plugin from that channel, and reloading the plugin again on the channel, voice skipping disappeared. So reloading the plugin a second time after initial firing up seems to temporarily fix the problem.

(I'm running MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB RAM and OS X 10.9.5)

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:41 pm »
I can confirm that notes are being skipped.  For me, it only seems to occur when using Matrix-12 V as a VST using ASIO mode in FL Studio.  I designed a very simple pulse patch.  If I play the same note over and over, notes will occasionally be skipped over although the LED will illuminate on the Voices panel.

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »
Just kinda guessing here... do you get the same results when using the VST3 and the VST2?

stefano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 03:20:25 pm »
Hi to all,
I just used Matrix 10 stand alone and I do have the same issue: first time,hearing some "missing notes" I removed "stealing" just to discover later that it was actually only voice n.9 that did not sound. Tryed several patches, same results. I exit Matrix 12 and then re-started. This time there was voice n.1 and n.11 not working. Exit once again and restarted: it then works ok. I did not have time to do any additional test but it seems to be quite annoying...
Hope it will be fixed asap...

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 03:48:46 am »
Just kinda guessing here... do you get the same results when using the VST3 and the VST2?

Yes.

am.syn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 09:03:55 pm »
Same here. If i load an Ableton Live 9 project, and play the M12V the first time 3 voices are missing, most the Voices 9,10 and 12, and sometimes the Voices 1 and 2. When i reload the M12V all works fine.

OS X 10.8.5, Ableton Live 9.1.6, Fast Track Ultra 8R 2.3 GHz I7 16GB Ram
M12V version 1.0.0.414

stefano

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 11:11:23 am »
Hi to all,
I just received this info from Arturia tech support:

"We are aware of this voice problem and our dev team is working hard to
resolve this ASAP. An update will be coming by the end of the month,
until then please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience
caused..."

so at least it is a good news to know that they're working on that!

boof

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »
same here... I pointed them to the links to the issues i raised here on the forum.

"We took notes of your tests. Yet all the problems you are having (Matrix 12, Vox, Solina, Multiple midi devices in standalone versions) are important issues, that are being worked on by the the development team, which will release an update ASAP (by the end of the month).

Until then please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience."

Lerxst99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 06:13:39 pm »
Happened to me too when I demo'ed Matrix 12 V. I thought it was a demo restriction.
I purchased the full version shortly afterwards, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce it

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »
This one is a nasty one.
It happens time to time. We are working on it.
.......testing.......

martinl

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:33 pm »
Some more observations on this one:

With the latest update, I don't have "skipping" voices anymore, but some voices sound different. It sounds like the filter cutoff is lower than in the other voices.

This happens in Reaper v4.75 32bit on W7(64bit).

Cheers,
Martin

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:28 pm »
Just applied the latest update to Matrix-V12
Ver 1.01.9
Build 47e7462
Build Date: 20141211-22h14m48_9

Still seeing note skipping, note locking i.e. not responding to midi note off, this can leave the graphic with a key struck down and the note sounding or key up note still sounding or key down no note sounding. :'(

Bit sad really
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines