March 28, 2024, 05:04:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Plugins installs with different names, VST3 PRE. are missing, cant load PROJECTS  (Read 4974 times)

SoftSynthM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello,

I opened this thread as I still doesn't geot answer on my support ticket from Arturia.

I really like the idea of ASC. I have installed it, but run into same issues, for me, very important issues:

- I have noticed that it is installing Arturia plugins under different names than I had on my computer running Cubase 6.
So, Jupiter-8V2 is installed as Jupiter-8 V2, MiniMg V as Mini V2 etc.

- I can't find my presets that I saved in 'old' Jupiter-8V2 and MiniMg V. How to get them back to load from plugin panel?

- The Cubase VST3 presets I made in original Jupiter-8V2 are missing if trying to load from 'new''Jupiter-8 V2'. Shall I just move them to new VST folder? Will they work in 'new' Arturia plugins?

- Not sure how Cubase is handling plugin identification, but shall I expect that Cubase will still load renamed plugins in old projects? I'm asking that because I have some problems with that, for example loading Cubse project returns error that it can find Arturia plugin.

- What shall I do with 'old' plugin instances found in 'ProgramData >> Arturia' folder? Or elsewhere, for example in Cubase 'VSTPlugin' folder. Check attached image.

Please let me know how I shall act.

Cheers.

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Hello,

- I have noticed that it is installing Arturia plugins under different names than I had on my computer running Cubase 6.
So, Jupiter-8V2 is installed as Jupiter-8 V2, MiniMg V as Mini V2 etc.

Yes, we decided to rename the folders and plugins because every plugin had its own naming convention (as in, there was no convention at all).
Now every plugin follows the same convention.

- I can't find my presets that I saved in 'old' Jupiter-8V2 and MiniMg V. How to get them back to load from plugin panel?
The installer should have transferred your presets from the old folders to the new ones. If that's not the case, I suggest you try and reinstall the plugins.
If that doesn't work, you can transfer your presets by hand:
- Make sure to keep the old presets without modifying them. That way, if something goes wrong, your presets are still saved somewhere.
- For Jupiter:
    - On windows, copy the files in C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Jupiter-8V2\Save\User to C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Jupiter-8 V2\Save\User
    - On mac, copy the files in /Library/Application Support/Arturia/Jupiter-8V2/Save/User to /Library/Arturia/Jupiter-8 V2/Save/User
    - After copying the files, run the "Jupiter Preset Decoder" in C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Jupiter-8 V2. See http://arturia.com/faq/activationorregistration/encrypted-preset for more info
- For Mini V:
    - The old location is C:\ProgramData\Arturia\MiniMg V\save (or /Library/Arturia/MiniMg V/save on Mac)
    - The new location is C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Mini V2\save (or /Library/Arturia/Mini V2/save on Mac)
    - If you don't have User presets in the new version, just copy the old folder to the new folder
    - If you have new User presets, please get back to me, the procedure is more complicated due to the weird way the presets are stored.

- The Cubase VST3 presets I made in original Jupiter-8V2 are missing if trying to load from 'new''Jupiter-8 V2'. Shall I just move them to new VST folder? Will they work in 'new' Arturia plugins?

- Not sure how Cubase is handling plugin identification, but shall I expect that Cubase will still load renamed plugins in old projects? I'm asking that because I have some problems with that, for example loading Cubse project returns error that it can find Arturia plugin.

You should move the new versions to your Cubase VST folder. They have been renamed but they still have the same VST identifiers, which is how Cubase identify them.
Your old projects will work with the new version.
There is just an additional step for the Mini V (and Prophet V), which you will have to do the first time for each of your projects:
http://arturia.com/faq/activationorregistration/preset-encryption
This is because these plugins used eLicenser to encrypt the data stored in Cubase (and all other DAWs).

- What shall I do with 'old' plugin instances found in 'ProgramData >> Arturia' folder? Or elsewhere, for example in Cubase 'VSTPlugin' folder. Check attached image.

We don't remove those folders automatically, because that's where you can find your old user presets in case something goes wrong. As for the old VSTs, you can remove them if you want to save some disk space.

I hope that answers your questions.

Best

SoftSynthM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wow, fantastic and detailed explanation and clarification! Now I have everything I need I guess. Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines