March 29, 2024, 09:03:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please Help! Can someone from Arturia help me get Spark VDM authorised  (Read 4584 times)

malachy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Vintage Collection 3 contains Spark VDM. VC3 won't install on OSX Yosemite with eLicenser, you have to use Arturia Software Centre (ASC). ASC doesn't contain an entry for VDM because it'd being dropped in VC4 for Spark2.  So I have to install VDM standalone using eLicenser...  ::)
Spark VDM installs and starts but now for VDM authorisation I can't use ASC, when I go to add the product to register on arturia.com I only have the VC3 Serial and unlock which is rejected. Without the Auth code I can't add the license to eLicenser.

I either need just an auth code for Spark or the VDM specific Serial # and Unlock code so I can register VDM and I can generate the auth code on your website.   I've been trying to get this sorted for a week now but I get no reply from Arturia support (in fairness they have been good on other issues, just this one is in limbo).

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Please Help! Can someone from Arturia help me get Spark VDM authorised
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 02:05:16 pm »
When you go here: http://arturia.com/myarturia

Do you have an entry for V Collection 3 ?

There, do you have a "eLicenser activations" sub-section?

If so, you should have an "Activation Code" for V Collection 3 usable on eLicenser.

I'm guessing that's how you activate VDM, through V Collection 3's license on eLicenser.

...but, this is such a delicate issue that maybe you should contact registration-inquiry@arturia.com for a proper reply, if there's nothing that can help you at http://arturia.com/support/faq/

malachy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 02:16:54 pm »
Ah - that makes sense, thanks.  I don't have my laptop with me but I'll try that later when I get home - the global auth should work I guess.  The eLicenser bit is there on website alright.  Seems odd that support didn't suggest that straight away, seems obvious now.

I still don't get why they couldn't have VDM as a separate item in ASC, but whatever!

Many thanks!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:17:48 pm »
Hope it works! :)

malachy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:28:32 am »
Well, I tried but it won't work because it sees that VC-3 is registered (because it is registered via ASC).  Nothing appears under the eLicenser option because I registered with ASC.  The ASC listing in the website doesn't show activation codes.  I went to request a new activation code because support are too useless to help me.  VC-3 is NOT listed as an option under this page.  I tried a few help pages but the links are broken.  Right now I think Arturia are a joke, I had a small issue today with U-he (actually it wasn't even their fault at all - just a third party payment system), they are fantastic and can fix things immediately, who do you think I will spend money with in the future?

I don't know what to do.  Is it too much to try to use the software that I paid for??   >:(

Registration Failed
Ooch, sorry but something went wrong !

This licence has already been registered, see your 'My Arturia' page for the current activation code, if you want to obtain a new activation code, please see the support page for obtaining a new one
Please contact the Technical Center or retry to register

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 12:58:05 am »
" it sees that VC-3 is registered" ? The eLicenser Control Center application? Because that's where and how you're supposed to do the eLicenser registration on your computer (at least, from what I understand).

So, did you install the eLicenser software from http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html ?
(since you're saying that CV-3 isn't installing it)

What's a bit worrisome is when you say "Nothing appears under the eLicenser option", because that's where it should appear VC-3's eLicenser "Activation Code".

If nothing really shows up there, without an "Activation Code", there's nothing to give to eLicenser Control Center for it to proceed with the eLicenser activation part.

...and if true, only Arturia support will be able to help here :/

malachy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 12:57:12 pm »

Yes, you are right, as you can see it is registered but no activation code - that's the problem as you said.

It looks like there is no option left to register it without de-registering everything else.  I don't want to do that in case it messes up all the other apps. I put myself at the mercy of Arturia support and hope for the best.  Maybe they can add it to ASC, this would be the simplest thing to do I think.  Or just provide an auth code for VDM, it can't be impossible for them!  In the meantime I picked up a copy of D16's excellent Drumazon, great VST for 909.

Thanks for your help.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 01:59:40 pm »
Oh I see, yup, no "Activation Code" alright.

Well, I'm sure Arturia's Support will fix this ASAP (they must be flooded right now with support tickets due to these initial rough edges of the new ASC system).

In fact, I'm actually also interested to see how this is solved because I might need to transfer a V-Collection 3 in a near future, from another account and I may end up with a similar issue.

Good luck then. You've got the support ticket, right? :)

malachy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 02:05:36 pm »
Eventually got it all sorted out, they were able to send me an auth code. 

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 04:50:12 pm »
Cool, good to know :)

Thanks for posting back with the happy ending ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines