April 16, 2024, 08:32:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrix-12V: My first experiences  (Read 3601 times)

Ingo Weidner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Matrix-12V: My first experiences
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:40:04 am »
Hi,

i had upgraded to V-Collection 4 includiong Matrix-12V and start to like it more and more now.

I had started collecting some of my experiences in a thread at then Arturia KVR forum:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=426539

Like mentioned there i am currently doing some of my own patches. As also mentioned there i added a saturation FX and an EQ to boost the low end. Te results with using those sound great so far.

Maybe will continue that here at the forum at some point where usually not so much "haters" are posting like on KVR.  :)

Ingo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:41:53 am by Ingo Weidner »
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 / Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) / Cubase 7.5.30, Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.4, Reaper 4.75, Pro Tools 11.2.1

Adrien

Re: Matrix-12V: My first experiences
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:41:23 pm »
Hello

Thank you, this is really the most advanced plug in we did.

Whatever people say, we are far beyound simple ZDF and oversampling, the TAE is an always evolving technology and making this synth which has FM, HardSync, and 15 filtres mode was a big challenge for the team.

Best, hope you will enjoy it a lot :)
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Ingo Weidner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Matrix-12V: My first experiences
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:51:16 pm »
Hello

Thank you, this is really the most advanced plug in we did.

Whatever people say, we are far beyound simple ZDF and oversampling, the TAE is an always evolving technology and making this synth which has FM, HardSync, and 15 filtres mode was a big challenge for the team.

Best, hope you will enjoy it a lot :)

Hi Adrien,

thanks for your reply. I admit i first had a problem with the low end lacking a bit but as you could see at the KVR thread i solved that by using a free saturation FX and an EQ. Some people see this as "cheating" but i don't care about that.  :)

I am indeed very pleased with Matrix-12V and with those additional FXs it seems to be on par or even better (especially in terms of features) with most of my other VA synth plugins in my quite big collection.

Will take some time to fully explore what is possible with this synth if that is even possible...

Ingo
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 / Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) / Cubase 7.5.30, Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.4, Reaper 4.75, Pro Tools 11.2.1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines