March 28, 2024, 03:51:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug with Reverb  (Read 32706 times)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Bug with Reverb
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »
:)

Exactly! We work around this stuff because it sounds nice. I've lusted after a Solina for years, i nearly bought one in about 1997 when they were fairly cheap, but some reason I didn't bother. This one sounds great and it fits in my studio just right :)

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

databaze

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 06:24:18 pm »
I got the same issue with Solina when the reverb is active, i get spikes on cpu usage on an 8 core mac pro, no other plugin does that. If i turn the fx off, then it works, it should work with the fx, that is part of the plug and I did pay for it so there is that.

Arturia Minilab User

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »
I have the reverb crackling issue when using Solina V in Analog Lab, but there's no way to turn the effects off.  ::)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »
Open your preset up in Analog Lab and edit, this brings up the Solina. Remove the reverb and 'save as'. Re-open the new project in AL.
Likewise, open it up with the Solina and save as without the reverb. Open that preset up in AL.

By increasing your buffer the cracking should disappear, but it is reliant on you having RAM spare.

Hope that helps

Thanks, Stuart   
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Arturia Minilab User

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »
I do not have the full Solina VST and the edit options are limited to just a few settings in Analog Lab. Reverb is not one of them, unless there is a hidden menu. This is the software which came with Minilab.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »
yeah, you need the VI installed as well as Analog Lab. Increase the buffer to full whack, that's the best thing you have at your disposal until a fix is in place.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Arturia Minilab User

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 02:47:14 pm »
Thanks for the assistance. ;) Not the most ideal solution, but I should get by until the Analog Lab issues are fixed.

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »
Well, quite honestly, I think I am going to wait some time before upgrading after all. It's still $100 and this was NOT ready to be released. Just like so many Arturia products before, we are given a beta version. A lot of things need to be fixed. I would have thought Arturia would change this pattern at some point...
Frustrating.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 01:01:27 pm »
Interesting i cant reproduce it or im not hearing it

HC capturing @30FPS stereo 16 bit 44100

http://youtu.be/Un4hIGWeeNo

Biggest jump was to 09 on the cpu when I opened the gui panel and It averaged about 5 on the cpu

Not saying you haven't got this issue and the video doesn't prove anything but thought I would post my results

You can also have a good laugh at my keyboard skills ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:47:23 pm by kickwizard »

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:36 pm »
In all fairness, Solina seems to be much more stale in Live 9. Reverb issue gone. Did not have much time for extensive tests, and did not try in Pro tools 11 yet, but I was pleased to see that this issue was gone in Ableton. CPU usage rather stable too. High, but if you use U-he stuff...not that high after all ;-)

mrpingu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
Performance in Ableton Live is fine, but it's almost completely unusable in Logic Pro X. The reverb crackle is really bad, and the plugin is extremely unstable, causing Logic to crash almost every time. I'm running it on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.10.

Hopefully we'll get an update from Arturia VERY soon...

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 09:37:51 pm »
How much RAM do you have in your Mac mrpingu?

Thanks, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 10:02:51 pm »
So…I thought I would share my latest Arturia experience…if my post goes through the very selective forum filtering process (started 2 threads in the last 24h…still not published)
As I was digging in Matrix 12, and despite being aware of the many issues, I decided to pull the trigger to bypass the demo limitations. After completing payment I starting looking around, wandering how in hell I could unlock this this. Never received any email with serial number and activation code. Contacted support…who totally sucks. They even disconnected the 1 phone number that I used in the past to directly reach them (I am French) when dealing with new Spark controller with non-fonctioning XY pad.
Finally got a response from Jerome stating I would receive license info in less than 10min…that was 4 hours ago.
I mean…seriously…I've had issues with companies in the past, but to that extent…never.
Arturia, I've tried really hard over the years…but you are a joke.
I am simply about to contact Paypal and cancel the transaction.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:04:32 pm by legreg6 »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is i'm sure based on their own experience. But... legreg6, this has nothing to do with a reverb bug or the Solina V.

If it were posted in the right place it might get to the people who could make a difference (Not all Arturia staff view all threads, as they have specific projects that are working on)

It's also messes up the thread it was posted on, making it more difficult to get solutions for everyone involved.

Anyway, hope you get your issue resolved

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »
Stuart, let me be clear, and please, don't take it personally:

I've been reaching out their so-called customer service, started yesterday a new thread RELATED to that issue, and guess what… it is still waiting for approval, so not posted. I tried again today…same result ! Seriously. This is bad business practice.
I started this thread, and by the way, still waiting for a comment from someone at Arturia. Basically, the standalone version does not work, many have serious issues in different DAWs, different platforms. We are talking about the type of issues that make the stuff UNUSABLE.
You are a happy customer, glad to hear that. I am at this point not only unhappy, but now also outraged by the way they do business. I mean, 2 days later, I CANNOT USE THE STUFF THAT I PAID FOR !
Stuart, I deal with U-he, Slate, Native Instruments, DMG, Fabfilter, Blue Cats, Soundtoys, Eventide, Lexicon, Waves, Plugin-Alliance, Synchroarts, PSP Audioware, etc… NOT ONE of them as ever given me a fraction of the issues I've met with Arturia.
Now, if at least they had some decent customer support, you know, something that would make them likable despite the difficulties, but at least acknowledging them, in a respectful/acceptable delay…but they don't even do that.
Can it be more "messed up" than what it is ? In my opinion, hard to do. And I don't think I should receive any lesson in that respect by any other customer. On THAT issue, I insist.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:51:04 pm by legreg6 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines