April 18, 2024, 06:47:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Errors with SEM V 1.3.0.400 (OS X)  (Read 2608 times)

tomlebeau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Errors with SEM V 1.3.0.400 (OS X)
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:18:55 am »
Within the first 30 minutes of testing out the updated SEM V (1.3.0.400) in standalone mode, I received 3 errors which locked up the plug-in and caused me to force quit (screenshots of errors attached). Since having to force quit, I get an extremely loud synth bass blip every time I launch the plug-in in standalone mode... so I have to make sure my volume is really low when launching the app from now on.

I'm hesitant to use it in a session as a VST because the previous version destroyed my Pro Tools sessions, which I can no longer open. Here's a reference to that issue: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=14274.0
This update did not fix the issue.

OS X 10.9.5
Oberheim SEM V in Standalone mode

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:37:49 pm by tomlebeau »

Sam

• Administrator
Re: Errors with SEM V 1.3.0.400 (OS X)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »
Hi,

We're unable to reproduce this issue in standalone mode, you seem locked with an unstable state.
In order to restore it, could you please try to delete the following files located in /Library/Arturia/Oberheim SEM V/ :
- lastpresetc.pref
- lastpresetp.pref
- plugin.pref
- standalone.pref
then try to restart the standalone ?

Let us know if it changes anything.

Best
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

tomlebeau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »
Thanks Sam,

Deleting those files did fix the unstable state. I no longer get that blip on launch.

I encountered another bug though in standalone mode that I've been able to recreate 3x in a row.
If I go to settings and change the buffer size and sample rate quickly (one after the other - in any order), the app will lock up and I have to force quit. Each time I get the same result.

Sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:53:09 am »
Tomlebeau,

I've been able to reproduce this issue, each time I tried to edit the buffer size (it locks the windows shortly after, but the soft still plays sound with a controller).
I'll see what I can do.
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines