March 29, 2024, 10:05:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Audio Shutting Off After A Few Minutes Of Usage  (Read 6219 times)

Arturia Minilab User

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab Audio Shutting Off After A Few Minutes Of Usage
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:32:02 am »
So I really do apologize for the triple post today, but this might have been the third strike before I return the Minilab/Analog Lab package. I figured each issue might be better addressed if they had their own posts. Any help would be fully appreciated.

Analog Lab stops playing audio after about 8-10 minutes of activity. This software was just registered and Minilab was purchased new. I see someone had a similar issue, but the solution was never posted: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=82840.0

Audio: MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid
DAW: Ableton Live 9

This issue also occurs when using Analog Lab in standalone mode.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:45:19 am by Arturia Minilab User »

BitArts

Re: Analog Lab Audio Shutting Off After A Few Minutes Of Usage
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:23:09 am »
Same problem here, in all DAWs and occuring with Matrix-12 patches only (haven't tested Solina sounds yet). Patches of the old (and fully installed) plugins work fine and without time limit.

System: Q9300, 4GB
DAW: FL Studio (x86), Renoise (x64), Reaper (x86)

vaikl

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:19:26 pm »
Add me to the list (with a Mac Yosemite), i had recently opened a ticket (190688) but it isn't assigend yet to a support member.

Jerome@Alesis, what's this mysterious "procedure" you had pm'ed in the other thread?

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:25 pm »

Analog Lab stops playing audio after about 8-10 minutes of activity. This software was just registered and Minilab was purchased new.

In the other thread the issue is on a Mac and there is another poster here with the same issues, also on a mac so it can't be a Mac/Win thing. I thought it might be related to an ASIO driver or something.

I haven't had any audio loss with Analog Lab at all, nor any memory issues as others have companied about. It has its issues and they are looking at them but i've used it for hours on end without audio loss.

Do you loose audio in standalone more than in a DAW or is it about the same?

Thanks, Stuart

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

vaikl

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 12:38:16 am »
Stuart, in my case the muting occurs more often in standalone than in my DAWs, but in my DAWs it's more muting in Ableton Live than in Cubase (7.5) or Studio One. Sometimes i just have to switch patches to get sound back again, sometimes i have to completely reload the plugin or restart the standalone.

Sometimes i can work for 20 minutes without problems, sometimes only for 5 minutes or so. It seems that the muting occurs only in a longer interval when i'm not playing or doing something in my DAWs.

PS: It's not a MIDI issue, i can see the GUI keyboard's keys working when sound is muted.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:37:28 am by vaikl »

Arturia Minilab User

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:44:14 am »

Analog Lab stops playing audio after about 8-10 minutes of activity. This software was just registered and Minilab was purchased new.

In the other thread the issue is on a Mac and there is another poster here with the same issues, also on a mac so it can't be a Mac/Win thing. I thought it might be related to an ASIO driver or something.

I haven't had any audio loss with Analog Lab at all, nor any memory issues as others have companied about. It has its issues and they are looking at them but i've used it for hours on end without audio loss.

Do you loose audio in standalone more than in a DAW or is it about the same?

Thanks, Stuart

Audio shuts off an equal amount when being used as a VST or standalone. I'm also now experiencing a weird bug where Analog Lab will forget Minilab's automatic knob settings after a few minutes. One knob will then end up controlling 2-3 different settings. I have to restart Analog Lab once this happens.

david.bice29@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 02:19:38 am »
This is happening to me also since the update.  I'm on Win 8 and using Reaper.  I haven't used standalone mode, but it the audio is cutting out after a few minutes on Analog Lab after a few minutes with every project I'm using it on.  It doesn't seem to matter what preset it's on.  It still shows the "keys" being pressed so it is getting midi data, but it isn't putting out any audio. 

rango

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:36 pm »
Same here!
It's really frustrating not being able to use it when making music now. I shouldn't have to re-install an older version of Analog Lab.

Amalgamoth

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »
I also have the experience of AL suddenly losing sound when using it in Garageband. I'm under the impression this occurs more frequently since having installed the AL update including the Solina and Matrix. The only way to resolve this is to shut down everything and restart again (provided Garageband doesn't crash before I'm able to do that!).
Call it instabile. Maybe it will occur less with a next update?
Until then I just make a habit of regulary saving every five minutes or so. But sometimes I'm too late and will lose data, which sucks. Maybe Santa can give me an Arturia bug fix?

vaikl

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 11:14:51 pm »
Get the newest 1.2.1.18 from Dec 16, available in the web download section now. Solved the audio shutting off issue for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines