April 19, 2024, 03:05:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC vs Elicense: what are the benefits for those who activated before 1 Dec?  (Read 991 times)

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
Hello all

For the most part,  I have had a positive experience with Keylab 25, and Keylab 49, Mini V, and the V3 Collection on my Windows 8.1 pc, and my Yosemite.  However, the switch to the new ASC seems to indicate a "challenge" to activation and losing old settings and software.

If you do not upgrade to ASC, does it disable the elicense system at some future date?
New updates, even, with the old system, seem for some folks problematic.  What if I do not ever upgrade? be
Was there actually beta testing, and if there was, adequately and lengthily, a group that can mollify concerns about updates and upgrades?

I see that I now have a coupon for VC4.  Can I keep VC3 on one system and upgrade to VC4 on the other, and keep both systems authorized/activated?

Finally, I myself appreciate the hard work Arturia must be incurring, but I am concerned that overwhelming or catastrophic updates/upgrades might be some sort of a disincentive.

Cheers

Carlos
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines