March 29, 2024, 11:24:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DIY mini MIDI tool  (Read 10726 times)

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
DIY mini MIDI tool
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:52:31 pm »
Just a simple DIY project to patch up my workflow.

IMO the Minibrute's internal parameters are a pain in the neck to modify without a computer, so I made a little Arduino-powered thing to make that easier. There's a small LED display to show what parameters and values are selected, and some lighted encoder knobs to select things.

So now, at a few turns of the knobs, I can turn enable local off on the MB, and change what MIDI channel the keyboard sends, so I can control any of the synths in my setup with the MB's keyboard. Plus I can access those other "hidden" settings.

Plus, there's a MIDI input. So although right now it's just an easy way to send specific CC's, I can program it to do whatever the hell I want. I could even make a synth with the same hardware (plus a bit extra stuff for the audio output)

tha guts:

kitesrfun1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: DIY mini MIDI tool
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:07:29 am »
Hey fellow operator, nice to see you here. This looks a nifty contraption you've made, I'm impressed! Have you had any luck tweaking the brute from the beloved OP-1? There probably isn't much you can tweak right? I just thought I'd ask the boy genius  8) ;)

Currently, I'm scouring for a CV Gate modular processor - something like Mg's CP-251 (may cave in and snag in for black friday) but for less cash. So far I've found this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/206978123/modulation-cluster-fuk-4-oscillator.

Any ideas brother operator?

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »
Nah, I have no way at the moment to connect my OP-1 to other gear, besides just audio. 

And nope, I don't know very much about modular stuff.  But that etsy post you linked seems to be something entirely different from what you want.  it's just a CV-controlled 4-oscillator synth, from what I gather, not a CV modulator tool.

kitesrfun1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 02:50:19 am »
Well, the builder will add CV out for me.

Here is the Cluster Fuks big bro: https://www.etsy.com/listing/172775282/sonic-architecture-lab-v2-esoteric

neslekkim

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 01:19:26 pm »
IMO the Minibrute's internal parameters are a pain in the neck to modify without a computer, so I made a little Arduino-powered thing to make that easier. There's a small LED display to show what parameters and values are selected, and some lighted encoder knobs to select things.

So now, at a few turns of the knobs, I can turn enable local off on the MB, and change what MIDI channel the keyboard sends, so I can control any of the synths in my setup with the MB's keyboard. Plus I can access those other "hidden" settings.

Plus, there's a MIDI input. So although right now it's just an easy way to send specific CC's, I can program it to do whatever the hell I want. I could even make a synth with the same hardware (plus a bit extra stuff for the audio output)

Does it exist any documentation for  parameters and stuff that the minibrute can be programmed with?, can every controll be controlled via midi?

k.rad

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:23 pm »
beefinator, real cool idea!
Do you have any schematic (maybe for Cadsoft eagle) or something?
I would love to change Midichannels / Local / LFO Settings without connection to some computer...

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »
Would this (or an updated version) allow you to change the arp to the sequencer?

Bernhard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:25:53 pm »
Would this (or an updated version) allow you to change the arp to the sequencer?
That'd be nice indeed! No idea if it can remember two 11 byte sysex messages ?
(one for to-SE, one for from-SE)

woodenfingers

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 09:27:35 am »
Hi

Great piece of kit you’ve made there !

Would you be kind enough to provide the circuit diagram and ino code as I would like to create my own. I’m new to arduino so any help would be truly appreciated.

I’m trying to build a minibrute polyphonic synthesizer by using multiple minibrutes and controlling the key1 to synth1, key2 to synth2 etc by midi from a Keylab midi keyboard. This device may go some way to provide the midi cc management to the individual synths from the Keylab keyboard.

Keep up the good work, I’m very impressed!

All the best
W.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines