April 19, 2024, 01:05:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: controlling korg monotribe via cv gate with minibrute/microbrute  (Read 3361 times)

Thunderroad75

I have posted this in the microbrute section as as I only have the microbrute but after a week, no one has replied so I assume no one has this setup. I assume the microbrute and minibrute offer the same cv gate functionality so wondered if anyone with a minibrute has had any luck connecting and getting their monotribe to work.

Here is my other post;

Trying to hook up my microbrute to my korg monotribe 2.1. I have a nokia ca-75u video/audio cable which I believe other people are using. There are a few you tube vids showing this cable but what it doesn't show is if it's the ca-75u or the ca-92u nokia cable.

At the moment I can get the microbrute to control the monotribe pitch but everytime I play a note on the microbrute it only plays the monotribe note and only plays the microbrutes after the key is released! The range of playability is about 2-3 octaves then the notes start to drift. The only thing I can think of is that I had the midi mod fitted with midi in and out but can't really see this being a problem.

I have the monotribe updated to 2.1
I turn on using gate time and sn.
I have select buttons 1-lit 2-unlit 3-lit
octave switch at 16 feet
key range set to key, not narrow or wide

on the microbrute I am using the nokia cable with white going to gate out and yellow to pitch out and then the trrs part to sync in on the monotribe.

Is there any other cable I could use?

Thanks for any help.

Noiserunner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: controlling korg monotribe via cv gate with minibrute/microbrute
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 12:05:48 pm »
Hello,
I think the problem is the GATE polarity. I have the same cable and setting and it works with "STEP 3 - unlit".

Greetings

Thunderroad75

Re: controlling korg monotribe via cv gate with minibrute/microbrute
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:53:55 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

Much appreciated. :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines