April 24, 2024, 09:54:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I actually like it, but I wish it came with a paper manual  (Read 1495 times)

Heliacal Shimmer

I actually like it, but I wish it came with a paper manual
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:27 pm »
Today is my first day with this thing and I've gotten everything to work flawlessly (I was looking for a cheap way to replace my broken M-Audio Oxygen 49 that I had treated pretty poorly). After reading the manual, changing the knob mode from relative to absolute fixed all of the MIDI quirks I was experiencing. Everything maps easily in Live and to literally every instrument I've tried, and the knobs are perfect. It also appears to control everything in Analog Lab just fine in this mode as well, so that was easy.

This isn't a review, and I don't work for anybody. I've just noticed that finding the manual is pretty difficult, as on different pages of their site they send you to entirely different PDF documents. I'm putting this here to help fellow newbs to understand how to get this to work from the beginning in case you had trouble finding it yourself: http://downloads.arturia.com/products/minilab/manual/MiniLab_Manual_EN.pdf

Hope this thing lasts for a few years, because it was the best $75 I've spent.

oliverstammer@gmail.com

Re: I actually like it, but I wish it came with a paper manual
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »
Hi there,
maybe you can help me with mapping the knobs to macros?

What i want:
Being able to switch between Analog Lab - Mode and MidiControl-Mode.
When i use plug-ins i want to map certain knobs (e.g. softsynth > cutoff, dry-wet, etc.) to Lives Macros.
These Macros i want to map (midi learn) to Minilabs knobs.

What i dont want:
Use the Minilab-script as LIVE-controller for track volume etc.(therefor i have my APC40).

If you or someone would be so nice and give me a hand (step by step) with setting up my Minilab as normal midi-controller
where i can map the knobs to whatever knob in my softsynths/racks etc. that would be great.
And yes, i have rtfm (maybe i am too stupid).

I use 10.9. Maverick

Thanks,
Oliver

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines