March 29, 2024, 12:06:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Control Center & OSX 10.6  (Read 7787 times)

ML7

MIDI Control Center & OSX 10.6
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:51:54 pm »
Any way to get MIDI Control Center to work in OSX 10.6 ???
I have so many hardware & software items that can't use 10.7 or later!
Turn turn down down the the delay delay...

conifermysticsuitkill

Re: MIDI Control Center & OSX 10.6
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:19:54 am »
BUMP!!!
I would really need to run the MCC in 10.6, is there any way to get ahold of a copy of MCC for 10.6?
Please help, Thanks!

jacobsteel

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 06:01:07 pm »
Me too! I'm also dependent on old stuff and need a driver for Mac OS 10.6.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 12:59:51 pm »
It's unrealistic to expect Arturia to maintain support for prehistoric hardware which can't upgrade beyond MacOS 10.6. Maybe in 2014 when this thread was first started it wasn't too unreasonable a request, but definitely not five years later.

Maybe you would have some luck if you search archives of Arturia's site on the Wayback Machine, but I don't think the Wayback Machine stores downloads. Good luck.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

fOZf8

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 02:15:58 am »
It's is unrealistic to expect them to provide new versions of software that work with older operating systems, but it's completely reasonable to request them to allow access to older versions of the software that already exist. Personally my primary studio computer is an x-serve, which apple discontinued support for after 10.7. besides that it's a sweet spot for me where I can still run older 32 bit plugins that I can't necessarily update because they wouldn't work on a newer OS, yet I can still run most 64 bit plugins. Professional hardware is designed to last for decades, and can continually be serviced, this is why it costs so much, it's designed to last. It's not ridiculous to expect the same from software. I'm about to find out how it will work for me, I just purchased a drumbrute impact and a microfreak and I really hope the software will work with 10.7. if not I do have a MacBook that is maxxed our at 10.13, but to expect me to buy a new computer just to run software to control older hardware is ridiculous and it's a major intentional pitfall of Macs. If I can't even manage to upgrade firmwares I guess I'll just eventually be going back to windows, but it could so easily be circumvented by offering older versions of the software that are OS locked like for instance my DAW, Cubase does. It's just the professional thing to do.

Sorry I'm not trying to come off ranting, there's just such a simple way to make things work for anyone on an older Mac who can't fork out 1+2 grand for a new one, especially when their old one works just fine.

alfred0809

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 05:47:00 pm »
I totally agree..let's see SHIFT + rotate knob to control each note Velocity !!! PLEASE ASAP..
Love this controller, but this would put it to the edge! VidMate Momix VidMate App
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 08:12:14 am by alfred0809 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines