March 28, 2024, 10:14:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step sequencer on Minibrute SE skips first beat  (Read 1892 times)

shabbyroad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Step sequencer on Minibrute SE skips first beat
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:32:56 pm »
When using the step sequencer with an external clock and external sequence it skips the first beat when new notes are sent. Send clock and a note from Logic via USB and the step sequencer won't trigger until the second division on the sequence. No difference if I offset the beat clock etc

I understand from another Minibrute user that this same issue affects the arpeggiator on the regular Minibrute.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a workaround?

Will there be a bugfix?

jochiasson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Step sequencer on Minibrute SE skips first beat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:46:45 am »
Look at all the post for the syncing problems...I for myself have not found a workaround for that...I'm still waiting for a fix..hope the microbrute and minibrute are not going to be abandonware...

Chi

Re: Step sequencer on Minibrute SE skips first beat
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 08:26:16 pm »
Not sure if this is helpful but I have the minibrute set up to sync to external clock from an MPC1000.

The MPC has two buttons which will start the sequence playing. One called PLAY/START and another called PLAY.

If I start the MPC using the PLAY button then the minibrute starts a little late. If I use the PLAT/START button it syncs up perfectly.

Im guessing that the PLAY/START button includes a Midi start message which is sent to the minibrute allowing it to sync immediatley instead of waiting for a couple of ticks to read.

Maybe you can set Logic to send this start message as opposed to just clock ticks?

Good luck

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines