March 28, 2024, 01:20:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Encoder(s) replacement (Front Panel)/Repair Policy  (Read 4213 times)

OlDirtyPastor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla
    • Www.facebook.com/freeloveassociation
Encoder(s) replacement (Front Panel)/Repair Policy
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:11:35 am »
So about a year ago I contacted Arturia about having the encoder issue fixed on my Origin Desktop. Tech support was next to non-existent, BUT eventually they contacted me back and told me I would have to send my unit in to be worked on. I then proceeded to ask tech support a few questions, mostly If I was supposed to send the unit myself or if they would be covering the shipping cost. Conveniently tech support did not respond to me for literally weeks so I momentarily gave up on the idea of having my Origin fixed. That leads me to the current moment, I have once again attempted to open the conversation about having my Origin mailed off and fixed. My question to the community is this, Has anyone sent their unit(s) back to have this issue fixed, and were the repairs covered by Arturia? Also, how long did it take to get your Origin repaired and was there any actual communication from the company as this was all going on. It just seemed like a giant leap of faith to send out into the world a two thousand dollar synth without any sort of communication from the company.

Any info on this topic would be most appreciated.

By the way Arturia, i'm still waiting.... ???
My love doesn't cost a thing -
Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla

JavaLaurence

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Software Pearls - Java Consultancy
Re: Encoder(s) replacement (Front Panel)/Repair Policy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:24:59 am »
I just bought a second-hand Desktop, and two days later discovered a Sequencer knob that is not working as it should... so I'm now in the same boat.

So far, I am asking some music shops if they can help me, because I don't fancy dealing with a supplier that doesn't show lots, and lots of respect to their customers. I'm also not impressed by Arturia's 2008 claims that the Origin would get more Template updates.. there was talk of a Prophet template, .. where is it? We're 2015 and it seems that Arturia has just completely dropped the ball on its flagship synth.. my brain fails to understand this. Even if the Origin is a commercial disaster, the company needs to think of its image, of its good-will.

I've heard some incredible Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis patches made 100% on Origin, so the contrast between what this machine is capable of, and the after-sales behaviour of Origin is just totally incomprehensible.
Be Happy. Live for Today

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »
I've heard some incredible Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis patches made 100% on Origin, so the contrast between what this machine is capable of, and the after-sales behaviour of Origin is just totally incomprehensible.

Well put. I would add that on various forums such as "Gearslutz" in the years after it was released, the Origin itself received a completely inordinate amount of bashing, which I'm sure didn't help sales. And considering the mind-numbing years of blood sweat and tears that went into making this dream machine, I'm sure that didn't help the morale of the Origin team at Arturia.  :'(

Still doesn't excuse the lack of support for the people who did buy it.

But at least now you can buy an Origin used for half its original price.

Laurence did you try the contact spray method I mentioned in the other thread?

Vampyre

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 08:07:24 pm »
I have replacement encoders and I am able to do this work, I am located in New York, PM me if this is something you need done.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines