March 28, 2024, 08:11:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does Vox V have key velocity? to play louder or softly?  (Read 5055 times)

OllyOrc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Does Vox V have key velocity? to play louder or softly?
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:01 pm »
Hi all,

as my other post mentions,

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83307.0

just got my Vox V and Keylab61 but I don't have any key velocity in Vox V using Light your fire presets or any other preset. Does Vox V have this ability (should do) to play notes more loudly, the harder I hit the keys, or more quietly when I press them softly, or am I wasting my time trying everything to get this to work, as works in Analog Lab with Clavi and in Midi-OX. However, all notes in Vox V play at same loudness so I can not pronounce critical notes! Has anyone tested this and can confirm Vox V does have key velocity to play more softly/louder the harder I hit the keys please?

Thanks

Olly

please see attached Midi-OX output when pressing keys C hard and softly repeatedly
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:19:20 pm by OllyOrc »

Wookiee

• The 4077
Re: Does Vox V have key velocity? to play louder or softly?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 06:17:31 pm »
I can not see any and the original did not, it relied on the swell/expression/volume peddle to achieve volume changes when in use.

Will just have to use automation within your DAW or attach a swell/expression/volume peddle to your controller.  The Peddle in the graphic responds to Midi CC 11.
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »
I can not see any and the original did not, it relied on the swell/expression/volume peddle to achieve volume changes when in use.

Will just have to use automation within your DAW or attach a swell/expression/volume peddle to your controller.  The Peddle in the graphic responds to Midi CC 11.
Don't know about cc11 which is expression but on my system the demo responds to cc7 which is volume.

The Vox, like most all organs, is an on/off proposition for notes; a note is either full on or full off. Been that way throughout musical history which is why volume pedals exist and in a pipe organ those pedals actually control the opening and closing of the doors in the wind chamber that supplies the pipes.

The only organ that bucked this was the original Hammond B3. It was not a single key contact but a series of bus bars (9) that each had their own contact so an organist with good touch could activate one bar at a time, bringing the respective drawbar. However this did not control volume, just the sound.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 06:25:22 pm »
My midi controller is set to CC11 for its peddle which is why I noted the response.

It may be mapped internally in the VOX to respond to both CC 7 and CC11
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines