April 19, 2024, 05:40:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARTURIA PRODUCTS COMPLETELY UNSTABLE/UNUSEABLE IN LOGIC PRO X  (Read 9448 times)

DMC63

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ARTURIA PRODUCTS COMPLETELY UNSTABLE/UNUSEABLE IN LOGIC PRO X
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:48:03 pm »
I've bought ALL of the Arturia products, every synth, keylab61, minilab, spark creative drum controller with Spark2.

I've owned and tried to use these products in logic pro x for over 6 months.

Here's my experience of using these plugins in logic pro x, using the latest macbook pro and RME fireface ucx interface.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about the sound quality of Arturias plugins, they're fantastic. But what's the point of a great sounding
plugin that doesn't work?

Analogue lab (the main reason I bought the keylab61 and minilab) Completely unusable plugin from day one. As soon as I loaded this plugin logic crashed.
Logic crashed continuously with this plugin loaded and crashes logic EVERY time I quit logic. A waste of money. Any updates? NO! I had to completely uninstall
analogue lab to get stability back in logic pro x.

One thing you will come to learn about Arturia is that you're on your own. No refunds, no help, just wait until next year when they release the next update.
I kept on their case and they told me that they're sorry but I will  have to wait for the next update that might address these problems. MIGHT?!

Spark2, again in logic pro x. Useless. Continuously crashes logic when doing simple tasks like changing kits on the fly! I guess it's not useless if you don't mind reopening logic every 10 minutes.
Also spark doesn't change patterns on cue, sometimes playing through a pattern 3 times before changing the pattern waiting in line. Another great concept but a complete failure in logic pro x.

If the plugins do not work in lpx why sell them as compatible?

I'll tell you why! Because we are the paying beta testers. And arturia are getting away with it.

I have all the arturia synths. If I have one of the synths open in logic and I simply go to change instruments and the arturia plugin is open, as logic tries to close the arturia plugin and open a new plugin in its place
logic will crash!

I'm seriously thinking of making a youtube video to highlight these problems for people so they don't waste their money and have to endure the wasted days trying to get this shit to work and the wasted emails to arturia
and most of all the mind bending frustration that these products are legally being sold as compatible with logic pro x.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:50:14 pm by DMC63 »
Macbook pro 2.4GHz i7. OS 10.9.5 , RME ucx fireface, Logic x, Live9.

brittap

Re: ARTURIA PRODUCTS COMPLETELY UNSTABLE/UNUSEABLE IN LOGIC PRO X
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:48:35 am »
I'm having huge problems. How did you UNINSTALL? I was fine using Spark with Logic 9, but after loading a project in Logic X, now Logic 9 is crashing constantly. I can't get any help from anyone at Arturia.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: ARTURIA PRODUCTS COMPLETELY UNSTABLE/UNUSEABLE IN LOGIC PRO X
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »
Hi all,

What you describe here sounds very strange.

Did you try to clear your Audio Unit cache ?
You can follow this tuto :
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/support/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=105
Or you can do it manually.
Open your Library : Finder/Go (while pressing ALT)/Select Library
In Library go to caches folder then delete the AudioUnitCache folder.

Relaunch LogicX. It will now rescan all your AU.

In order to use Spark with Logic you need to create an IAC driver.
Did you follow this tutorial :

https://owncloud.arturia.net/public.php?service=files&t=47d54359c48e1bc26fb4f1710748cfef

Remember this won't work if your IAC driver is not spelled exactly like this : “Spark1 Midi OUT”

.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines