March 28, 2024, 10:52:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Difference between V collection & Keylab?  (Read 3000 times)

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hugmusic.net
Difference between V collection & Keylab?
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:50 pm »
Hi, I'm just wondering what the difference is between the Analog Lab that comes with Keylab 88 and the one that comes with V collection. Is it the same thing? Is there overlap? Or are they different?

I have the V collection already, just wondering whether I should get the Keylab88

Thanks so much.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Difference between V collection & Keylab?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:03:15 am »
Keylab 88 is basically The Analog Experience (25, 49, 61) rebranded with an updated controller, and some new-(er) software features.
The V Collection will work with your existing controller, even if it's a legacy product.  Unless you currently do not have an 88 key controller, and you want one, especially one that integrates so easily with the V Collection, there's not much of a reason to invest in it.

I replaced a hardware synth of many years (Alesis QS7) to get the Analog Experience 49 partly to go completely soft synth while reducing the footprint on my desk, and it works flawlessly with all of my other soft synths.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:18:37 am »
Additionally, the V-Collection offers some deeper editing features over the "lab" versions, but I've found that the features within the "lab" versions and most of the factory presets are suitable for just about any recording need.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:37:19 am »
both analog lab software are the same the reason you can go deeper and edit more is for every artuia plugin you own it offers you too open it in analog lab to combine with other plugins and create more complex patchs .but you still start off with the same number of patchs in both.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines